My friend has a tour and I guess it froze up so he tried to reboot it. Now it just shows a white screen (without the hourglass). He said he has already tried 4 battery pulls. Anyone know how to fix it?
    11-24-09 12:59 PM
    I've never heard of this before. Although, if it is stuck on the white screen with the blue bar at the bottom, then its booting up, and he could be stuck in a constant reboot cycle.

There are some tutorials on how to fix this, and when to run the apploader to recover the device, etc. I think this might be considered a "nuked" BB, although I'm not sure what you're friend could've done to do this....
    11-24-09 01:01 PM
    I had something like this happen to me and I wiped my phone and reinstalled everything with the desktop manager. Let me know if I can be of any help.
    11-24-09 02:46 PM
    If he recently installed an app that is incompatible, it could cause this. Try rebooting the device in safemode and deleting any apps that could be causing the problem. To restart in safemode, pull the battery and then hold down the back key after reinserting the battery until you see the safemode dialogue box. My understanding is that this only works on a tour wih OS 4.6 and higher. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 02:59 PM
    A corrupt memory card can also cause this. Try starting it without the memory card.

11-24-09 03:21 PM
    Thanks everyone...but I haven't talked to him to see if anything worked. lol
    11-24-09 04:58 PM
    Well hit us up if anything works, so ppl in the future with the same problem are gonna find the solution already on the forums instead of going through this entire process again.

11-24-09 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD