I have my right convenience button set to browser which in turn goes to accuweather.com and its map page. I work out doors and just clicking this one button has been very useful to me especially being 5-6 stories up.

Now with 4.7 the animated radar used to work fine, but since switching over to .230 the animation is dead. There is no more radar movement.

I was curious if someone could kindly go to accuweather.com on their BB and hit the animate radar button to see if this works in .419.

Thanks!!
    01-06-10 02:57 PM
    Could this be a cookie/history thing?

Trying clearing your history and browser stuff.
    01-06-10 03:06 PM
    I have my right convenience button set to browser which in turn goes to accuweather.com and its map page. I work out doors and just clicking this one button has been very useful to me especially being 5-6 stories up.

Now with 4.7 the animated radar used to work fine, but since switching over to .230 the animation is dead. There is no more radar movement.

I was curious if someone could kindly go to accuweather.com on their BB and hit the animate radar button to see if this works in .419.

Thanks!!
    Works in .419, I would do what the person before me suggested and clear your history etc.
    01-06-10 03:13 PM
    Could this be a cookie/history thing?

Trying clearing your history and browser stuff.

Cleared everything out and it still does not move.

I guess you can chalk this one up as a quirk when upgrading to a leaked OS. I can live with this as this has been the only bug I have noticed on .230 which is pretty good IMO.

My next upgrade will be to an official OS if that ever comes out.......

If anyone else has a suggestion on how to animate the maps I would love to hear it.
    01-06-10 03:28 PM
    Tried another weather app or site yet?

I'm on 4.7 so I have no personal experience, just a suggestion.
    01-06-10 03:37 PM
    Tried another weather app or site yet?

I'm on 4.7 so I have no personal experience, just a suggestion.

Yes I have MyCast(the best out there IMHO) and Berry Weather. Both are very good, but to have a right key convenience set to where it goes right to the weather map of my location is VERY useful for me being so high up.

BW gives you a map and I have quick launch to bring it up even faster, but a one touch convenience key you just can not beat. I also prefer accuweathers weather maps as they are very clear and accurate.

I am bit of a weather nut, or so my wife says, so I am particular in what maps I like.
    01-06-10 03:42 PM
    .419 is smoother than .230
    I would move up here. Everything seems to work a little better. My signal strength is better too. I just drove through an area that I ALWAYS drop calls. NOT TODAY.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 03:43 PM
    .419 is smoother than .230
    I would move up here. Everything seems to work a little better. My signal strength is better too. I just drove through an area that I ALWAYS drop calls. NOT TODAY.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Yeah that is not going to happen. Everything works fine, signal strength is great, battery lasts longer with .230. I couldn't ask for anything better.

It's this damn map that has me nuts lol!!
    01-06-10 03:46 PM
    Downgrade to 4.7? Or just keep looking for a site that works I guess, I don't know.

I'm guessing you're right in the assumption it's a bug in .230.
    01-06-10 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD