I use my camera on my tour quite often, so this is driving me bonkers. I was trying to take a picture close up, and when I tried zooming in the camera it didn't budge. It has an arrow type of symbol on my cam page when I try to take pics, but I don't know what it means! Can anyone make sense of this?
    09-05-09 07:00 PM
    you use the volume rocker to zoom

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 07:03 PM
    Or the trackball.
    09-05-09 07:11 PM
    Both the volume rocker and the trackball (either up/down or left/right) work for zooming.

OP, have you tried a battery pull yet? And where is the arrow symbol you're referring to showing up? In the middle of the screen or somewhere else?

09-05-09 07:13 PM
    By volume rocker do you mean on the side of the phone? I tried it and it didn't work. I normally roll the trackball upward and it zooms in. I don't know what I did to mess it up haha
    09-05-09 07:18 PM
    Yeah, that's what we mean by volume rocker.

Generally, zoom in = volume up, trackball up or trackball right and zoom out = volume down, trackball down or trackball left.

I don't really know what you did to mess yours up either, lol. But when in doubt, try a battery pull!

09-05-09 07:27 PM
    Thanks for the tips! I tried each of those options and the zooming wouldn't calibrate when taking pics, there's a symbol on the screen with an exclamation point and little lines around it. I dunno what that means. But it's a real nuisance! It's as though I put my camera in a certain mode and don't know how to get it out. :/
    09-05-09 07:35 PM
    And what is a battery pull? Many thanks in advance for any input.
    09-05-09 07:43 PM
    A battery pull resets your device and is usually the first thing tech support suggests you try if your berry starts acting wonky. It's akin to rebooting your computer. To do it, simply pull out the battery while your device is still on, leave it out for 30-60 second (there's debate about how long or if waiting is even necessary), and put it back in. That's all there is to it.

I hope it helps!

09-05-09 07:49 PM
    A battery pull can cure cancer supposedly.
    09-06-09 04:23 PM
    have you updated your OS since you last used your camera before it happened?

I can't think of any thing else, but you should be able to take it into Verizon and get a replacement if anything.
    09-06-09 04:26 PM
    Im a BB newb myself. So if you didnt know what a battery pull is, Im sure you dont know its good to do one every few days no matter what to make sure your BB functions properly. Also, instead of a battery pull, you can do a sort of Windows type reboot. Like the ctrl,alt, delete thing. Only on your blackberry, press the left alt key, right side shift key, and delete all at once, same thing as a battery pull. Goodluck buddy, hope you figure things out with the zoom..
    09-06-09 07:10 PM
    About the battery pull, I had to do it every couple of days because my EV symbol was lowere case and wouldn't send pictures to other devices. Anywhere the guy at the store suggested "quick pull". It's free through APP world and "reboots" your phone everyday at an appointed time. Mine does it at 3 am and I haven't had any problems since. By doing it in the morning, I don't have to wait the 4 minutes it takes to reboot when you pull the battery.....
    09-09-09 02:09 PM
    About the battery pull, I had to do it every couple of days because my EV symbol was lowere case and wouldn't send pictures to other devices. Anywhere the guy at the store suggested "quick pull". It's free through APP world and "reboots" your phone everyday at an appointed time. Mine does it at 3 am and I haven't had any problems since. By doing it in the morning, I don't have to wait the 4 minutes it takes to reboot when you pull the battery.....
    welcome to crackberry!

good advice as well for people who didn't know about quickpull.

by the way, do you have a Tour or storm?
    09-09-09 02:13 PM
    I had the exact same problem with the zoom and used these instructions to do a "reboot," which did solve the problem and restore my zoom capability:

An easier way to reboot is to press the following keys together (ignore the spaces and the dashes -)
    alt - right shift � del
    09-09-09 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD