So I was looking through the tour pictures thread and also trying to do my own best Spielberg impression with the tour, but my pictures just don't come out that well.

Are there any certain tweaks that you guys know of to make the shots turn out sharper? I just have it set to large pic size, superfine, well I think everything in stock settings.
    09-20-09 10:33 AM
    I think proper lighting is key. Meaning it'll take better pics outside during a sunny day as oppose to indoor/night/dark. It's much more important with phone cameras in general.
    09-20-09 11:58 AM
    I have the same issue. My pics don't even come close to the quality that I see posted on here. I just don't get it!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 03:14 PM
    it really is all about lighting. Sun is they key!
    09-20-09 05:36 PM
    This may sound dumb, but have you removed the protective plastic film off the lens? I stupidly left mine on when I first got my phone and I was wondering why my picture quality was so bad...
    09-20-09 05:56 PM
    This may sound dumb, but have you removed the protective plastic film off the lens? I stupidly left mine on when I first got my phone and I was wondering why my picture quality was so bad...
    And fingerprints on the lens will make them blurry too. I always wipe it with my shirt before I take a pic to make sure it's clean.
    09-20-09 06:05 PM
    Three words: lighting, lighting, lighting. Okay, it's one word three times, but it holds just as true for the Tour camera as it does for ANY camera. You must stay within its limitations.

Example: I have a nice little superzoom camera, a Panasonic DMC-FZ28. In good light, the image quality is amazingly good for a camera with a compact sensor. A friend has a Nikon D3 (with full frame, 24mm x 36mm sensor). In good light, his image is sharper, clearer, and better--perhaps not 15 times better (price difference). However, you move the cameras into dim light, and the Nikon is still sharp, clear, and noise free. The Panasonic---well, let's just say that image quality, compared to the Nikon, looks like it was taken with a first-gen camera phone. Suddenly that price differential REALLY looks reasonable.

Stay within the camera's limitations. The Tour will do quite well in daylight, less so in cloudy weather, and pure crap indoors without sufficient light.
    09-22-09 12:38 AM
    *headsmack!* I just checked and have been complaining about picture quality for a month and am guilty of forgetting to take the film off. Just goes to show that no question or answer is too trivial.
    11-10-09 06:08 PM
    Disable image stabilization if you are using os5
    11-10-09 06:09 PM
    I was going to say turn on Image Stabilization... but I'm using 4.7. Pictures have been pretty sharp for me.
    11-11-09 12:21 PM
    light>*

and a clean lense.
    11-11-09 12:25 PM
    I was going to say turn on Image Stabilization... but I'm using 4.7. Pictures have been pretty sharp for me.
    wow, just checked and most of my stuff is set for normal or automatic, pics come out pretty good so far
    11-11-09 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD