Is there any way of turning shutter sound off? even on silent mode it still goes off! ahhhh
    09-03-09 03:59 AM
    Trust me. Search is a wonderful tool.

No.
    09-03-09 03:59 AM
    No... and before somebody says it, no there is no law requiring them to do it. There is no such law that says that camera's must make a vocal sound.

However, due to their small nature and increasing quality, most cellphone companies add it just in case so people can not go around taking silent 3.2-5.0 mp shots. I guess they want to avoid any potential privacy problems.
    09-03-09 04:42 AM
    look, if u must take a few pics without the shutter sound... call out first, say update number... switch applications move over to camera and snap ur few pics. ya the sound isn't totally silenced instead of it being played through the speaker phone it comes the the much quieter handset speaker.

** btw cdaiscool, thanks for that valuable input... things like "search noob!!!" never helps anyone learn anything, plus this site is so bloated that search rarely turns up valuable information anyways

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 04:58 AM
    look, if u must take a few pics without the shutter sound... call out first, say update number... switch applications move over to camera and snap ur few pics. ya the sound isn't totally silenced instead of it being played through the speaker phone it comes the the much quieter handset speaker.

** btw cdaiscool, thanks for that valuable input... things like "search noob!!!" never helps anyone learn anything, plus this site is so bloated that search rarely turns up valuable information anyways

True that sometimes search isn't much help, however, just typing "shutter sound" in search, I was able to find nearly 15 posts on this specific issue on the very first page. But then again, when people only answer "search first" to questions, if someone did search and came to this topic it isn't much help is it
    09-03-09 05:04 AM
    The OP has an 8330. However, he posted his question in the 9630 forum, so I will point out that BerryAnnoying does completely silence the shutter sound on the 9630. The 9630 is the ONLY CDMA phone for which it works, but it does work perfectly. It does not require you to use the call first work-around. You can buy it from the CrackBerry store.
    09-03-09 06:13 AM
    Peek-a-boo is also said to work, although I think it will still make a very faint noise. And is a free alternative.

And jeff is correct, berryannoying does work on the Tour no matter how many people say it doesn't. Lol. I have had it for a few weeks now and haven't heard a peep outta the camera.

09-03-09 07:45 AM
    Peek-a-boo makes NO noise. At least for the first 4 shots anyway, then it reverts to normal sounds.

I believe there is a setting somewhere in options to have it take the 4 shots in rapid sequence, but I haven't bothered with it enough to know it fully. Free, and does what it needs to. Great for pics of sleeping newborns, my new niece has practically consumed my entire memory card
    09-03-09 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD