Why would one need this.. Well to take pictures of persons or things with out them knowing of course! I like to take pictures of my cats and the shutter wakes them or makes them move so I needed a way to silence it.

I searched around and found Peek-A-Boo trial, which rocked and sucked. It works but not with the tours auto focus. So although it took 5 pics in a row, silently, I had to select take new pic each time for it to do so.

Anyway I got over it and started playing with OS's.. I did a hybrid update to something from stock to one of the first hybrids. Since then I have been doing full wipes and restores [Never restoring peek-a-boo] and the newest hybrid and OS the day they leak. Currently 5.0.0.238/5.0.0.273/5.0.0.296.

And I just realized.. My camera doesn't have a shutter sound anymore! At all, ever.

comments?
    Last edited by BBTree; 10-27-09 at 12:59 AM.
    10-27-09 12:54 AM
    and as you can see, my problem is solved.
    10-27-09 12:58 AM
    cool but, damn son, I don't have the guts to constantly wipe out and redo my BB and load a bunch of nonstandard stuff on it. Clearly one of those times you did so wiped out whatever makes the camera shutter noise.

I need the thing to work, like, all the time. Is that your "play around" phone or what?
    10-27-09 01:09 AM
    there is a free app out there somewhere that allows you to add a mute option to the menu when in camera. it works perfect and once muted, stays muted until a reset.

do a search for previous threads
    10-27-09 01:31 AM
    called CameraMuteApp... I'm not sure if it works on CDMA phones though.
    10-27-09 01:37 AM
    works great on my tour
    10-27-09 01:48 AM
    also QuickLaunch has this feature on the Tour. QL is currently selling for $2.50
    10-27-09 02:18 AM
    cool but, damn son, I don't have the guts to constantly wipe out and redo my BB and load a bunch of nonstandard stuff on it. Clearly one of those times you did so wiped out whatever makes the camera shutter noise.

I need the thing to work, like, all the time. Is that your "play around" phone or what?

Its my personal phone. I do the same thing with my work 8830we all the time. If you can do a wipe you can do an install then a fresh install whats to worry about?
    10-27-09 03:08 AM
    called CameraMuteApp... I'm not sure if it works on CDMA phones though.
    it works on my 9530 and on my moms 8330 will post a sniper kitty shot in jsut a sec.
    10-27-09 03:12 AM
    10-27-09 03:16 AM
    If you can do a wipe you can do an install then a fresh install whats to worry about?
    well.. maybe like camera sounds turning off unexpectedly and other strange glitches. I dunno... maybe I'm paranoid but I just feel like if you screw with something enough you're gonna break it.
    10-27-09 03:22 AM
    that's freaky
    10-27-09 03:22 AM
    that's freaky
    lol isnt it? the 8330's flash really made those eyes glow! only photoshop i did was crop and resize.
    10-27-09 03:31 AM
    well.. maybe like camera sounds turning off unexpectedly and other strange glitches. I dunno... maybe I'm paranoid but I just feel like if you screw with something enough you're gonna break it.
    well I downloaded a program to make it not make the noise so thats not unexpected. Its wanted.

and with the hybrid I use I notice ZERO glitches.

Also despite my illiteracy I am the man at this ****.
    10-28-09 12:59 AM
    works great on my tour

are we able to still use auto focus with this app? i love my auto focus!
    10-28-09 04:38 AM
    are we able to still use auto focus with this app? i love my auto focus!
    yeah you can
    10-29-09 05:50 PM
    camera mute worked great on my tour and curve. I now have QL so its not needed any more. It is a great free alternative to Quick launch. Quick launch is the best app I have ever bought.
    10-30-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD