I really love the camera on my Tour, and I really love taking pictures of pretty much everything. However I'm really a perfectionist when it comes to photos, and I HATE it when my pictures are crooked or slanted or anything. I know some cameras have the option for grid lines to be placed on the screen (creating 9 boxes on the screen) that help with both framing the picture and making sure everything is straight. Does anyone know if there's an option like that for the Blackberry camera, or there are any apps that do this?
    11-20-09 09:57 AM
    the camera app is pretty str8 forward without any options to edit

just edit photos from your comp like the rest of the world does
    11-20-09 10:26 AM
    I know some cameras have the option for grid lines to be placed on the screen (creating 9 boxes on the screen) that help with both framing the picture and making sure everything is straight.
    That's not what the purpose of the grid lines are for. The lines are there to help you with the "rule of thirds." The concept basically says that rather than putting your subject in the very center of the picture, you should divide your screen into thirds and put your subject along one of those lines. The preferable position on the screen would be where a horizontal line and a vertical line intersect. This way, you capture your subject and its surrounds, with the focus being that the subject was at that location (say, your family at a Hawaiian beach). If, on the other hand, you had left your family at the center of the picture, who cares where the picture was taken?
    11-20-09 10:44 AM
    This is definitly not a default option on the camera. Not sure I have seen an app like that, but it sounds like a great idea. Maybe consider reaching out to some app developers.
    11-20-09 10:51 AM
    the camera app is pretty str8 forward without any options to edit

just edit photos from your comp like the rest of the world does
    Editing my photos had nothing to do with what I was asking about. But thanks for being ignorant.

That's not what the purpose of the grid lines are for. The lines are there to help you with the "rule of thirds." The concept basically says that rather than putting your subject in the very center of the picture, you should divide your screen into thirds and put your subject along one of those lines. The preferable position on the screen would be where a horizontal line and a vertical line intersect. This way, you capture your subject and its surrounds, with the focus being that the subject was at that location (say, your family at a Hawaiian beach). If, on the other hand, you had left your family at the center of the picture, who cares where the picture was taken?
    It may not be the intended purpose for the lines, but it definitely helps to keep things straight and not slightly crooked. Whether it's for keeping the picture straight or following the rule of thirds, the grid lines would make for having better pictures.
    11-20-09 02:03 PM
    Seriously doubt 3rd party apps are going to have access to modifying the camera software, so good luck...
    11-20-09 02:39 PM
    You should get a Nikon D3 and move on, it's got something called virtual horizon that keeps those lines straight.
    11-20-09 04:07 PM
    Editing my photos had nothing to do with what I was asking about. But thanks for being ignorant.
    To be honest, it wasnt an ignorant answer. When you take a pic, you can make it look great by editing it in photoshop or other graphic program. You rotate it, skew it, fix any slant you like, then crop the edges and have a picture worth hanging or framing.

But, I know what you mean as well. I dont there is another answer for you though. It's a camera, in a phone.
    11-20-09 04:21 PM
    this is only a no big deal 3.2MP camera inside a cell phone.. if your so picky about a camera, I would highly recommend you not use a camera phone and use at least a 10MP camera since your so picky
    11-20-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD