I am continually being told by callers (my wire in particular) that she can not hear me. She says it sounds very quiet or muffled on her end. I have to yell for her to hear. I have tried all of the "options" in the phone settings and none of them seem to make a difference.

I am on on Bluetooth and TTY is turned off as some have mentioned.... Any help appreciated!
    11-05-09 03:48 PM
    I am continually being told by callers (my wire in particular) that she can not hear me. She says it sounds very quiet or muffled on her end. I have to yell for her to hear. I have tried all of the "options" in the phone settings and none of them seem to make a difference.

I am on on Bluetooth and TTY is turned off as some have mentioned.... Any help appreciated!
    More then a few Tours have Voice muffle issue..no way to fix it so take back get replacement

Thread discussing
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/yo...uffled-271150/
    Last edited by Slingbox; 11-05-09 at 04:02 PM.
    11-05-09 04:00 PM
    I have replaced mine 3 times it mutes the calls you can hear them perfectly they just stop hearing you? vzw told me maybe software release at first they were like we don't know never heard of it now the tech told me it's a known issue
    11-06-09 07:00 AM
    Mine went away when I loaded an OS5 leak. Hopefully if the release OS5 ever drops it will take care of it also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 07:15 AM
    This is what i did for me and my two daughters Tours to fix the muffle problem...BE CAREFUL...i took apart the phone and once dismantled i noticed a foamy square piece on the inside of the shell where the mic hole is...with the phone taken apart i inserted a small paper clip through the hole and punctured a hole in the square foamy piece...reassemble the phone...I have had no more muffle problems with mine or my girls phones. It appears the foamy piece is causing the muffle and once a hole is puncture through it everything clears up!!!
    11-06-09 08:18 AM
    Sounds like it's your BT headset to me. Do they say you sound muffled when using the phone handset? If so, make sure you're not covering the microphone with your hand. It's the small hole on the bottom of the phone.
    11-06-09 09:31 AM
    WTF? This is a bluetooth issue as the OP stated.

This is what i did for me and my two daughters Tours to fix the muffle problem...BE CAREFUL...i took apart the phone and once dismantled i noticed a foamy square piece on the inside of the shell where the mic hole is...with the phone taken apart i inserted a small paper clip through the hole and punctured a hole in the square foamy piece...reassemble the phone...I have had no more muffle problems with mine or my girls phones. It appears the foamy piece is causing the muffle and once a hole is puncture through it everything clears up!!!
    11-06-09 10:05 AM
    I had this problem and it is not the BT headset. Upgrading the OS didn't work for me as it worked for a lot of other people. Changing the settings of the Device Properties fixed the issue. See my post here.
    11-06-09 11:21 AM
    You need to exchange your phone for another 1 my phone has incredible sound quality
    11-06-09 12:40 PM
    You need to exchange your phone for another 1 my phone has incredible sound quality
    This is NOT a problem with the phone or headset. It is a well known problem in 4.7.1.40 (stock OS that VZW Tour) ships with and is fixed in 4.7.1.57 and up... which VZW has not yet released. However, you can use an OS update from another carrier, see the sticky threads.
    11-06-09 02:31 PM
    I did what this guy said he did with his storm in which he posted here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/my...-folks-345934/

You have to switch it to enhanced audio. Worked for me.
    11-06-09 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD