Ok so, originally my only real complaint with the Tour was the quiet call volume. I put some music on the phone just to test out the media player...also seemed kinda quiet.

Then I go to the media options and see Audio Boost, so I figure, "Meh, what the ****," and turn it on. Music sounded louder. Then I got a phone call. Much to my surprise, my call volume drastically increased--actually had to turn the phone down.

I don't see what the media audio boost option has to do with call sounds, but can anyone else who is experiencing low volume on calls also try giving this a shot? Open the media folder, BB Key, Options, Scroll down and set audio boost to on.

I don't care if this is what fixed my issue or not, I'm just glad its working now!
    07-17-09 08:46 PM
    just tried it. doesnt appear to be a difference on mine.
    07-17-09 08:50 PM
    I already had mine set to on. I sure wish that was the fix, but no difference off or on to me. That is also my only real issue with this phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 08:52 PM
    Total long shot, but my volume just boosted out of the clear the clear blue...Just trying to rationalize it one way or another. I didn't do anything hardware wise, I just plugged it up to my computer for the first time and did any updating that was required...which I think was nothing...very odd that it would just boost like this all of a sudden.
    07-17-09 08:56 PM
    That's great. If you ever figure out what did it let me know. Even with trebble boost or base boost it is still weak

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 09:05 PM
    I realized today that mine is plenty loud now. The first 2 days, I was using speakerphone because it was so quiet, but today, I was able to hear everyone loud and clear.
    07-17-09 09:32 PM
    I also noticed that my call volume was really quiet. It seemed louder in a call today, but that could have been because I was in a fairly quiet environment. I was hoping the call speaker would be louder.
    07-18-09 12:51 AM
    well hopefully rim will fix it, and soon. i would love if it could be as loud as the curve...
    07-18-09 01:31 AM
    well hopefully rim will fix it, and soon. i would love if it could be as loud as the curve...
    +1 on this. Curves volume was great.
    07-18-09 01:38 AM
    same here i was surprised when this actually worked for me...
    07-18-09 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD