Sorry if this has already been posted...

Long time reader, first time poster to this forum. I'm having trouble with the in call sound. The volume level of what I'm hearing fluctuates.

I used to have this problem with my 8830 and did not have the problem with my first tour. My first tour had a broken trackball and was replaced under the DOA policy earlier today.

I've had my new tour for about 6 hours and already twice in call I find that the audio level of the person on the other end gets really really faint. Even if I switch on the speaker phone, I can barely hear them. It's so faint that I thought the call had dropped on a couple of occasions. Then after a minute or two, the volume becomes loud again.

Anyone else have this problem? And sorry if this is a re-post I actually scanned the forums and couldn't find a similar problem.

Thanks!
    08-11-09 11:02 PM
    Anybody have this issue???
    08-12-09 08:35 AM
    There's a smart volume feature on the phone. Automatic volume control maybe. It changes to the background... I think that's what might cause it.
    08-12-09 09:14 AM
    There's a smart volume feature on the phone. Automatic volume control maybe. It changes to the background... I think that's what might cause it.
    Yep...you need to disable that. It is in options or something similar when you are on the phone screen. Don't have my phone with me to look.
    08-12-09 09:26 AM
    Yep...you need to disable that. It is in options or something similar when you are on the phone screen. Don't have my phone with me to look.
    OMG, how could you not have your phone with you! Ahh, I'd go nuts. Hope you have 2. Haha.
    08-12-09 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD