Hi all,

In the past few weeks it seems I have started to have issues with my outgoing call quality. People tell me they can't understand me; that my voice is muffled.

The thing is that I have not had these complaints until recently. I am running VZW 5.0.0.591, the first version. I've done a microphone test and while my voice sounds a bit thin, it doesn't sound terrible to me, but of course I am only hearing myself for 5 seconds.

This may be coincidental, but the issue seems mainly to be with cell phones only and specifically with other VZW customers.

Any ideas on what could be going on?
    06-09-10 08:16 AM
    Try using some sort of headset to remove the devices microphone from the equation. If they can hear you fine over a headset then the microphone in your BB is probably going bad.
    06-09-10 08:34 AM
    Try using some sort of headset to remove the devices microphone from the equation. If they can hear you fine over a headset then the microphone in your BB is probably going bad.
    Going bad?? This phone is barely a year old... and I just dropped insurance on it! Would insurance cover this anwyay, or some kind of warranty?

Good idea on the headset, I will try it out.
    06-09-10 09:12 AM
    Well I say going bad but it could just that it was defective from the beginning or you dropped it or knocked it up against something and that piece is starting to separate from the board internally, I use going bad very loosely. Lol
    I am sure insurance would have covered it. It sucks that the year warranty ran out, at least you wouldn't have had to pay a deductible if it was under a year. With insurance no matter what the problem is, after a year is up there is deductible to get a replacement device.
    06-09-10 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD