My girlfriend just got a new Tour and says that there is an excessive amount of noise while in a call. I notice about the same level noise on my Storm2, so I am trying to figure out if this is something that is common on all BBs or if we just got two lemons?
    11-13-09 08:34 PM
    What do you mean noise? A high pitched noise? Or noise as in background noise.
    11-13-09 08:38 PM
    for me its kinda like wind blowing into the phone... it happens for me from time to time though, not all the time.. actually mostly on speaker
    11-13-09 08:50 PM
    for me its kinda like wind blowing into the phone... it happens for me from time to time though, not all the time.. actually mostly on speaker
    She is hearing a "white noise" sound, though it is very faint. I would call it background noise.

Edit: This is almost exactly how I would describe it, like a wind blowing into the phone.
    11-13-09 08:55 PM
    I've never experienced this issue, this is definitely new to me, sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 09:06 PM
    I had the storm2 (then went to the tour) and had a problem with the earpiece speaker part on my first storm2 I had. It sounded weird when the person on the other end would talk, (but was fine on speaker and blue-tooth) so I got a different one and it was MUCH better. You might want to get a different one if you're in your 30 days. I switched to the tour after I had to get another storm2 (wouldn't read mem card) and the tour just has bad call quality from what I've read and heard on mine. It does sounds like wind and there's a buzzing. I'm still not sure if its my phone or if all of them have the same issue.
    11-13-09 09:07 PM
    I had the storm2 (then went to the tour) and had a problem with the earpiece speaker part on my first storm2 I had. It sounded weird when the person on the other end would talk, (but was fine on speaker and blue-tooth) so I got a different one and it was MUCH better. You might want to get a different one if you're in your 30 days. I switched to the tour after I had to get another storm2 (wouldn't read mem card) and the tour just has bad call quality from what I've read and heard on mine. It does sounds like wind and there's a buzzing. I'm still not sure if its my phone or if all of them have the same issue.
    Thanks for the tip. I will have her exchange it to see if it fixes the problem. Otherwise, it is a minor thing for her to put up with!
    11-13-09 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD