I had a curve before moving to the tour. (which I absolutely love BTW) except for one thing so far.

I use call conferencing A LOT. On my curve if I was already on the phone with one party and another party called in a the call waiting line.......I could simply go to options and hit "join conference" and it would join the 2 lines together. When the call was finished I could also choose to select a line I wanted to disconnect.

With the tour I have not yet been able to figure this out yet. Any help out there?

I can do a conference if I call the 3rd party but cannot join if they call me.

HELP PLEASE I AM GOING CRAZY!
    07-31-09 05:25 PM
    I believe there is a flash option while one person is calling which would join the 2 calls together...I believe the flash option is still there if you hit the BB menu button while in a call but im not 100% because I haven't tried it.
    Last edited by jakeboyer11; 07-31-09 at 05:35 PM.
    07-31-09 05:33 PM
    I had a curve before moving to the tour. (which I absolutely love BTW) except for one thing so far.

I use call conferencing A LOT. On my curve if I was already on the phone with one party and another party called in a the call waiting line.......I could simply go to options and hit "join conference" and it would join the 2 lines together. When the call was finished I could also choose to select a line I wanted to disconnect.

With the tour I have not yet been able to figure this out yet. Any help out there?

I can do a conference if I call the 3rd party but cannot join if they call me.

HELP PLEASE I AM GOING CRAZY!
    I could be mistaken, but the other day I pressed MENU while on with 2 calls, and I could have sworn I saw an option called "Join."

I think it was just Join (not Join Conversation), so maybe you missed it...?

Again, I'm not 100% that i saw this!
    07-31-09 05:33 PM
    I think you have to answer the second call, then press menu and conference the two lines together.
    07-31-09 05:34 PM
    Nope just did some testing and with a call coming in, you answer it and the only options are "flash" or "add participant" but neither of those join the incoming line. AAAAArrrghhh! I hope I can find a fix for this. Won't be a work phone till its fixed.
    08-02-09 09:49 PM
    Add Participant sounds like Conferencing to me...
    08-02-09 09:52 PM
    Yup...

Call your first person, then click add participant

dial the number of the second person

when that person picks up, click the menu and then join conference

Voila!
    08-02-09 09:53 PM
    Yes that works for 2 outgoing calls. I need the ability to conference in an INCOMING line if I am already on the phone with a caller. My curve could do it!
    08-02-09 10:09 PM
    Press send to answer the incoming call, and then send again to conference them together. I know it works on some BB's but I'm not sure which ones. Good luck.
    08-02-09 10:20 PM
    I don't know then... I see lots of information on initiating a conference call but nothing on conferencing existing parties...
    08-02-09 10:21 PM
    I had the same dilema last year. After researching I found that CDMA phones cannot conference incomming calls. So sprint and vzw can only create a conference if they originate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 11:25 PM
    Thanks for the response AXXMAN. That would make sense as my curve was with T-Mobile. Well that sucks, but the other features outway this one negative.
    08-03-09 10:10 AM
    Hey, mtndoo, thought you might like this post...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/pi...ml#post3241787

wait, I don't know how to linkback to a specific post in a thread, but here's the thread, go to post 565

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/pi...r-tour-265693/
    Last edited by kjjb0204; 08-03-09 at 10:51 AM.
    08-03-09 10:49 AM
    Does this cost more money?
    08-20-09 12:01 PM
    conference calling work great just follow the on screen options to add participants
    08-20-09 12:03 PM
    conference calling work great just follow the on screen options to add participants
    are there additional charges for conference calls?
    08-20-09 12:11 PM
    No additional charge as in a user-pay fee, but might vary per carrier.
    However, if you have to pay for airtime, you'll be paying x2 if the "conference" is originating from your phone.

08-20-09 02:32 PM
    I was messing with my Calendar settings and I remembered this thread from awhile ago when I came upon this option...

If you go into your Calendar Options, there is a Conference Call Options section. There you can set Moderator Phone and Access Code and Participant Phone and Access Code. I have no idea how it works as I haven't tried or what it's actual purpose is for but perhaps give this a try?
    08-24-09 11:17 AM
    The OP is asking about "conference calls" but he really mean 3-way calling.

The conference call feature that lahnipm mentions is for real conference calls where all parties must call in to a special number, whether from their company or a 3rd party conference call provider, and enter certain codes to join the rest of their party.

To sum it up, this feature of the Calendar has nothing to do with conference call originating from your mobile device.

I hope that makes sense�

08-24-09 11:33 AM
    I have a Storm2 and use the 3 wall calling which is great. VZW says that all you can have is 3 participants at one time and suggested that there may ba a 3rd party app out there. Any ideas?
    09-18-10 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD