I have a BB Tour. I have been using the default calendar since I got it 1-2 yrs now. I now have a group calendar, facebook calendar, default and 2 email calendars. All of this is fine except that when I try to enter a new event it goes to an email calendar but displays my default and the event does not show up. How do I get rid of all of these calendars and just keep my default without loosing my email accounts on my phone?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
    01-17-11 01:24 PM
    I have a BB Tour. I have been using the default calendar since I got it 1-2 yrs now. I now have a group calendar, facebook calendar, default and 2 email calendars. All of this is fine except that when I try to enter a new event it goes to an email calendar but displays my default and the event does not show up. How do I get rid of all of these calendars and just keep my default without loosing my email accounts on my phone?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
    I would think if these are all 3rd party calendars you could simply delete them by going to options> applications and look at 3rd party and delete them all but the native BB calendar.

I would not think there would be no adverse effects with your email if you have a BIS email acct.
    01-17-11 02:19 PM
    I would think if these are all 3rd party calendars you could simply delete them by going to options> applications and look at 3rd party and delete them all but the native BB calendar.

I would not think there would be no adverse effects with your email if you have a BIS email acct.
    The calendars aren't 3rd party apps. I looked.

Mine stop syncing after the last update

outlook 2003
    win Vista

what the heck? I have tried a few things nothing is helping
    01-17-11 06:20 PM
    The calendars aren't 3rd party apps. I looked.

Mine stop syncing after the last update

outlook 2003
    win Vista

what the heck? I have tried a few things nothing is helping
    Can I ask you how you got all these other calendars that are on your device? That is the first question, last update of what? Your OS?
    Since you put down outlook 2003 then you have office 2003? You could not hurt yourself by upgrading that program to at least Office 2007 but nonetheless If you get rid of all the calendars you have no matter how you got them whether on your device or in the case of Facebook, If you have to go onto Facebook to a calendar there and enter info. then can you not just cancel doing that?

I really need ot know how you have all these set up and then I could more than likely figure out what you need to do and just use your native BB calendar.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 01-18-11 at 06:55 PM.
    01-18-11 06:53 PM
    Can I ask you how you got all these other calendars that are on your device? That is the first question, last update of what? Your OS?
    Since you put down outlook 2003 then you have office 2003? You could not hurt yourself by upgrading that program to at least Office 2007 but nonetheless If you get rid of all the calendars you have no matter how you got them whether on your device or in the case of Facebook, If you have to go onto Facebook to a calendar there and enter info. then can you not just cancel doing that?

I really need ot know how you have all these set up and then I could more than likely figure out what you need to do and just use your native BB calendar.
    yes upgrade of the OS

Uh, my dad gave office 2003 for free, Are you giving away Office 2007?

So every email I set up has it own calendar seemingly. I don't know exactly when that happened. what I mostly noticed is that it wanted to tell me what color each calendar's appointments would be. I can't find my native BB calendar.
    01-18-11 07:18 PM

So every email I set up has it own calendar seemingly. I don't know exactly when that happened. what I mostly noticed is that it wanted to tell me what color each calendar's appointments would be. I can't find my native BB calendar.

Same here. I set up a hotmail email, it added a calendar, I added my work email through google and it added a calendar. Now I have like 5 calendars with colors and if I add a new event it shows up 2-3 times on my calendar.
    01-18-11 08:12 PM
    If you look in your Service Books, you'll see a [CICAL] entry for every BIS email account. You can try deleting the Service Books for the calendars you don't want. It won't hurt and might solve the problem. I'm a BES user. I have the BIS [CICAL] entries also, but my appointments only show up on the Enterprise calendar, where they are supposed to be, so I can't guarantee my suggested fix will work.
    01-18-11 08:19 PM
    If you look in your Service Books, you'll see a [CICAL] entry for every BIS email account. You can try deleting the Service Books for the calendars you don't want. It won't hurt and might solve the problem. I'm a BES user. I have the BIS [CICAL] entries also, but my appointments only show up on the Enterprise calendar, where they are supposed to be, so I can't guarantee my suggested fix will work.
    i deleted my my calendar and the entries still didn't transfer.
    01-18-11 08:22 PM
    THANKS!!!!! That worked. I deleted all of the CICAL's and my calendar returned to the DEFAULT only view. Now will my email still come through though?

OK--email still works!
    Last edited by popwell9; 01-18-11 at 09:24 PM.
    01-18-11 08:52 PM
    i deleted my my calendar and the entries still didn't transfer.
    Try it again CINNAMNGRL--it worked for me. YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    01-18-11 08:58 PM
    Glad to see Jeff had the solution. He usually does.
    01-19-11 08:06 AM
    Just remember that when you reboot your device that all those service books return and you'll need to delete them again.
    01-19-11 08:41 AM
    Try it again CINNAMNGRL--it worked for me. YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

well I deleted all the cicals, and all the appointments created on my BB are default.

But they still aren't syncing to my desktop

every time I sync it says it is adding 3094 items to my outlook calendar
    01-19-11 06:01 PM
    well I deleted all the cicals, and all the appointments created on my BB are default.

But they still aren't syncing to my desktop

every time I sync it says it is adding 3094 items to my outlook calendar
    You are notthe only person I have heard or should say read in a post on here for the same thing you just said, just be careful.
    01-19-11 06:45 PM
    Alright - same problem here but the calendar I need to get rid of is the 'Groups' calendar and I can't find the CICAL file as instructed Help!!
    01-19-11 06:55 PM
    You are notthe only person I have heard or should say read in a post on here for the same thing you just said, just be careful.
    what?

seriously, do you have a thread link or something specific? what do you think would happen if I switch sync objects. like to windows native or txt
    01-19-11 08:03 PM
    Alright - same problem here but the calendar I need to get rid of is the 'Groups' calendar and I can't find the CICAL file as instructed Help!!
    Groups calendar is from BBM. It is different in that you need to delete the net_rim_bbgroups_calendar cod from your java folder & run AppLoader again to get rid of it. I know, I know, it's not easy. But it's the only way to delete the Groups calendar.

Here is a related thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/calendar-issue-default-bbm-group-calendar-572046/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbarbero; 01-19-11 at 08:24 PM.
    01-19-11 08:20 PM
    ok, I found out that during sync facebook cical was reinstalling. when I block this, everything synced. Geez, that was a month of aggravation.
    jeffh likes this.
    01-29-11 07:54 AM
    Thanks for posting your answer. You may have just saved someone else the same frustration.
    01-29-11 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD