I am trying to set up a calendar that can be seen by my husband and I (both BB Tour users) and the rest of my family (non BB users).
    I was using google calendar but with the problems google calendar is noted to have had today, I've also noticed that if I create/edit an event on my phone (and select [email protected] calendar) it does not update the event on my web based calendar. Meaning that those who are relying on that do not get the change in event times/locations etc... causing GREAT problems.

What other options are out there??

Also - while I'm on the subject - I "thought" that I was doing a good job at selecting that I wanted to add events to the [email protected] calendar and when trying to figure out problems today I notice that I have several events on the [email protected] calendar. Is there a way to easily move these events from the bb.net calendar to the gmail.com calendar?
    I saw somewhere that if I went to calendar -> Options -> type move that it will merge them. It SAYS that it does... but then when I go back and look at each calendar again there's no change.

HELP!! (btw - consider me a complete beginner when responding I don't get a lot of the shorthand, abbreviations, etc that so many consider basic)
    06-21-10 07:35 PM
    I am trying to set up a calendar that can be seen by my husband and I (both BB Tour users) and the rest of my family (non BB users).
    I was using google calendar but with the problems google calendar is noted to have had today, I've also noticed that if I create/edit an event on my phone (and select [email protected] calendar) it does not update the event on my web based calendar. Meaning that those who are relying on that do not get the change in event times/locations etc... causing GREAT problems.
    I believe that you would need to update it via the Google Sync app. Just entering an event in the calendar will not upload it to your Google calendar.
    06-21-10 08:41 PM
    I believe that you would need to update it via the Google Sync app. Just entering an event in the calendar will not upload it to your Google calendar.

Sorry - yes, I am using the google sync app telling it to sync... But it doesn't take the changes from the phone to the web based calendar.

Thanks for the quick reply

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 08:48 PM
    I ran into that a few times as well. I gave up, and just enter everything via the computer, and then sync it to my phone. I found it much easier to do this since you can type faster on a computer usually.
    06-22-10 10:09 AM
    Yea, I've thought of that as well... But I usually am not home when I need to make the changes ...

Sooo... now I'm trying to figure out what I need to install from the BB UserTools disk to make it so that I can print my calendar - wipe it and start over entering EVERYTHING from the computer...

Such a PITA...

Thanks for your help!
    06-22-10 10:13 AM
    My daughter, grand kids, wife, son and I all use Goggle Calendar. We all can upload events to our web based calendar from our phones and each of us can see the other's calendar. I don't know why it works for me and not for you, but it does work. We can also change events on the web and they are changed on our phones.

To make things more complicated we each have more than one calendar. Some are public and shared, others are private and not shared.
    06-22-10 10:39 PM
    Google Sync will not sync events that are already in your BB's calendar, only new events entered after logging into/setting up sync...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 10:50 PM
    Also if you delete everything in the calendar on your phone it will not delete in the gmail calendar on the computer. I've done it to clean up my phone then I would re-sync and it would bring everything from the computer back onto my phone.
    06-23-10 06:25 PM
    So I've deleted all my appointments off of my BB and then reset Sync. Will it now both download appointments from my desktop to my BB and upload future appointments from my BB to my desktop?

Please say yes!!!
    07-26-10 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD