Had a surprising moment in a dead quiet library today when I was using the calculator app on my Verizon Tour and found out the hard way that when you press the delete key a couple of times it will emit a very loud beep. This happens regardless of what sound profile you are in, including vibrate only and silent.

Very disappointing. Can I hope for an official fix or do I need to find some workaround?
    09-16-09 06:58 PM
    Its like that on my curve, always has been. Try a 3rd party calc?

Cheers
    09-16-09 07:06 PM
    I find this rather unacceptable, to be honest. Silent means silent. Sure, I'll use a 3rd party app, but I find it hard to believe that this is "unfixable" or was never noticed by RIM.
    09-16-09 07:26 PM
    Whoa, thanks for tip. I'm using Tour in a quiet area now & tried it to see if was just yuor phone. Sure enough, mine let out the noisy beep but only on the double delete. All other keys were quit. I was on vibrate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 07:27 PM
    The 'silent' refers to phone ringer profiles, not other functions. It appears that the sound is an 'error' sound. You can't delete something that isn't there to delete?
    09-16-09 07:50 PM
    So how exactly do you mute all sounds system wide? Is there a 3rd party app to do that? I just also noticed that an alarm will sound off regardless of what sound profile you are in, so you are correct, that only pertains to the phone ringer and not any other app, not even the clock!
    09-17-09 07:06 AM
    Stupid question...but I can't find the calculator. Where is it?
    09-17-09 08:21 AM
    Its in your applications folder

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 10:21 AM
    Doy' one freaking place I didn't go!

thanks!
    09-17-09 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD