So i'm looking at my options to upgrade my wife and my phones. Walmart of course is the cheapest of course coming in at free. My issue is they tell me i have to upgrade my plan to get it for free. I am currently on the 700 family talk plan but they are saying i have to go the 1400 family talk plan for free. Can I upgrade to the 1400 and then contact Verizon and downgrade back to my 700 plan after i receive the phones? Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Rick
    11-20-09 11:47 AM
    I know that when I got a Tour at RadioShack I could not get it to work as modem as modem. This was my second Tour being the first one was from the Sprint Store and that one had worked fine. I was on the phone with Sprint for 2 days and no one could figure it out. I took it back to RadioShack and got it at Sprint again and Phone as Modem worked on the first try. As for having to change your plan, I don't know how that will affect other aspects of your features. Like Sprint has The Everything Data Plan, but you can not use Phone as Modem with that one.
    11-20-09 12:48 PM
    I would think that there would be no problem with it. I would however, read the fine print on the paperwork you sign at walmart.
    11-20-09 12:52 PM
    So i'm looking at my options to upgrade my wife and my phones. Walmart of course is the cheapest of course coming in at free. My issue is they tell me i have to upgrade my plan to get it for free. I am currently on the 700 family talk plan but they are saying i have to go the 1400 family talk plan for free. Can I upgrade to the 1400 and then contact Verizon and downgrade back to my 700 plan after i receive the phones? Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Rick
    Unfortunately, not....When you purchase your BB and sign the contract upgrading to the higher plan, you will be bound to this plan for whatever term you agreed to (usually 2-years). The fine print on the Verizon contracts state that you can upgrade your plan anytime you want during the term of the contract, but you can not downgrade. You can only do that once the term of your executed contract expires. As such, you have to make a business decision to ascertain what is the financial viability of going to the higher plan to get your phone for free.

Good luck!
    11-20-09 01:02 PM
    I don't see a problem with getting the phone from walmart. Weird that they make you upgrade you plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 01:12 PM
    I don't see a problem with getting the phone from walmart. Weird that they make you upgrade your plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD