The question of Tour availability doesnt have to do as much with the amount of people buying but inventory levels. One thing to keep in mind is that Sprint is releasing the Tour on the same day as Verizon and Telus is releasing it right around the same time. Do you really think RIM has been able to make enough for three carriers to have a near simultaneous launch and be able to have plenty of stock? I mean Verizon was the exclusive carrier for the Storm and look at the trouble people had getting their hands on one the first week or two.
    07-06-09 12:34 PM
    so if i am at my local verizon at 11 or before (opens at 11) on sunday i should be good to go?
    07-06-09 12:41 PM
    so if i am at my local verizon at 11 or before (opens at 11) on sunday i should be good to go?
    I would get there an hour before-hand. You should definitely be fine. Again, this phone has no marketing at all.
    07-06-09 02:25 PM
    All verizon stores corporate or not will have it on the 12th , stock will be high , no need to line up or show up eairly
    Just like the Storm, right? We were told that we would be getting 50 Storms the day of its release. We got 10 in the morning and 5 more later during the day. It wasnt until January that we got more after that.

Im guessing it will be a similiar situation.
    07-06-09 02:54 PM
    I wanna have mine on Sunday and not wait until Tuesday or Wednesday for FedEx to show up with it.
    Yeppers!!! Camping out an hour early. Not sure if I really have to but heck why not.
    07-06-09 03:06 PM
    I want mine on Sunday too! I'll be there an hour early!
    07-06-09 03:17 PM
    Just like the Storm, right? We were told that we would be getting 50 Storms the day of its release. We got 10 in the morning and 5 more later during the day. It wasnt until January that we got more after that.

Im guessing it will be a similiar situation.
    The Storm was well-advertised and well-hyped. Outside of Crackberry, HoFo, and a few other internet forums, not many people know about the Tour. If the stores get 10 each that would probably be more than enough for the first day. Just get there when they open the gate and you'll be set.
    07-06-09 03:20 PM
    Yeppers!!! Camping out an hour early. Not sure if I really have to but heck why not.
    Ditto on that!
    07-06-09 03:45 PM
    As far as pricing goes, does ordering online save any money besides the instant rebate (which is the same amount as the mail in rebate right?)? Would I get charged more if I go to the store (again minus MIR), like for an activation charge?
    07-07-09 02:00 AM
    is the tour going to be 199.99 in stores?? or is it going to be 269.99?
    07-08-09 03:20 PM
    is the tour going to be 199.99 in stores?? or is it going to be 269.99?
    I think ti's $299 with $100 MIR if i'm not mistaken
    07-08-09 03:25 PM
    I think ti's $299 with $100 MIR if i'm not mistaken
    your mistaken in the store it will be $269.99 with a $70 mail in rebate.
    07-08-09 03:51 PM
    your mistaken in the store it will be $269.99 with a $70 mail in rebate.
    what about the $50 off deal they have going for blackberry's right now?
    07-08-09 04:02 PM
    Amen to that. I just called my VZW rep (well left a message for her)... We need to discuss pricing on it. I will soooo be in the corp store bright and early on Sunday morning. My Storm is busted now so I definitely need a replacement ASAP
    Are you going to buy the tour at retail? or did you get lucky like some others?
    07-08-09 04:08 PM
    I've been following the Tour saga for a couple of weeks now. When I found out about the pre-order, I didn't see it in MyVZW, so I called CS. The CSR knew nothing about it, but after putting me on hold for 15 min came back and told me I would have to pre-order it in the store.

So I called the sales rep at the local store I dealt with a few weeks ago, and he checked and said he knew nothing about it. He had originally told me it would be in the store mid-August.

After the upgrade appeared in MyVZW for current customers, I started thru the ordering process, then realized I would have to pony up the $99 cash upon ordering.

I'm waiting for it to appear in the stores, then I can just add it to my next VZW bill. I'll have to wait on the MIR, but it should arrive about the same time or before the actual bill. Anything to hold onto my $$ for an extra month...
    07-08-09 04:33 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD