Hi I am going to purchase a BB Tour from craiglist tomorrow and just had a few questions. I will not pay until I have my number activated onto the new phone. However I am wondering once my number is on the phone, will the previous owner still be able to report that phone stolen or anything like that? Thanks!
    10-31-09 09:01 PM
    No, but I would call VZW first and verify it is not already there. Have the seller provide the MEID number
    10-31-09 09:09 PM
    As long as I can activate the phone, that means that the ESN is clean correct? From our conversation I believe the phone's ESN is clean/clear. Just wanted to make sure the previous owner cannot report the phone stolen or lock it in anyways after I have my number on it. Thanks!
    10-31-09 09:34 PM
    I don't know if they can do that to you or not. But I've bought about 10 blackberrys in the past from craigslist and nobody has ever done that to me. Just do like you said you're going to and activate it before you take it. Also just an FYI, if the person you're buying it from went from the phone you're buying to a different provider, the phone may not be disconnected from their account that the phone you're buying is from. That sounds confusing, but I couldn't think of any other way to word it.
    11-01-09 02:12 PM
    AFAIK, as long as you can activate it, you're good.
    11-01-09 02:35 PM
    Let us know how it all works out.
    11-01-09 04:30 PM
    Hi I am going to purchase a BB Tour from craiglist tomorrow and just had a few questions. I will not pay until I have my number activated onto the new phone. However I am wondering once my number is on the phone, will the previous owner still be able to report that phone stolen or anything like that? Thanks!

just bring a document saying that the phone belongs to you now as well and have him sign it and print his name...

thats what I would do
    11-01-09 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD