This is going to be my first bb so I'm not sure how these things sell on the opening day. If I order it online, will I be getting it weeks later? If I order it late, might they run out and be on back order?

If I go to an independant store, you usually pay more, these places sell out? Verizon store any different?

Or will I have no problem getting one on the first day?

Thanks for info.
    06-14-09 12:58 PM
    All online orders come with free overnight shipping.
    06-14-09 01:19 PM
    All online orders come with free overnight shipping.
    Is that the case if you purchase it at full retail as well? or only with a new 2 year contract?
    06-14-09 01:23 PM
    Is that the case if you purchase it at full retail as well? or only with a new 2 year contract?
    Not 100% sure, but I would imagine it goes for both scenarios.
    06-14-09 01:32 PM
    the only difference between full retail online sales and upgrade online sales is that the final checkout price is different..
    06-14-09 01:45 PM
    Agreed, I would just buy online. And if your paying full retail on a device anyway (600+, are you really going to quibble over 15-20$ for shipping if it isn't free?)
    06-14-09 01:52 PM
    What about Best Buy Mobile vs a Verizon Corp. store? I've got both within 50ft of each other and I'm not sure which one would be a better bet. Does BBM usually have the same prices as VZW?
    06-14-09 07:29 PM
    I've worked at a VZW Indirect Agent for the last 2 years, and if the release of the Storm was any indication, VZW Corp. stores will probably have stock of the Tour before my stores do. As far as pricing is concerned, my company in particular always price matches VZW Corp if they're lower, but release price is usually the same across the board. And if you wanna b*tch about sending in the rebate vs getting an instant online discount, go ahead, but with all the rebate forms I hand out, I think I'd know if you didn't actually get your money back so it does always end up being the same cost at the end of the day. The only time there's an issue is usually if you send it in wrong which you get a postcard saying what the issue is and as long as you make a copy of your POP for back-up, there's nothing to worry about. Receipts and rebate forms can always be re-printed.

*EDIT* With the Storm we got a handful in my store a week after it was released and they kept coming in spurts handfuls at a time afterwards, but we had a waiting list through December/January.

Feel free to PM me with any more questions you have about VZW Corp vs Indirect. I'm intimately familiar with what I can and can't do
    Last edited by jkeskel; 06-14-09 at 11:14 PM.
    06-14-09 11:10 PM
    online orders come with free overnight shipping.
    06-15-09 03:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD