i kno the buttons on the BOLD are bigger than the 8900 but which buttons will be bigger btwn the BOLD and the TOUR

What the opinion btwn which is a better device and y, BOLD or TOUR?
    07-01-09 10:33 AM
    bold
    10char
    07-01-09 10:40 AM
    Bold has bigger buttons. Overall bold is slightly better, but the tour is better in some areas (better camera, more memory, higher res screen). Bold has wifi and can do voice and data at the same time. It also has a faster processor.

Bold vs Tour only really matters if you are thinking of switching carriers, as the bold and the tour will not be available on the same carriers.
    Last edited by codemaker; 07-01-09 at 10:43 AM. Reason: changed bold is better to bold is slightly better
    07-01-09 10:41 AM
    The Tour is... plus the tour has a bold like keyboard just a little bit smaller then the bold which many perfer

the Tour also has the fastest browser to date out of any blackberry, much better screen then the bold, more memory
    07-01-09 10:42 AM
    Bold vs Tour only really matters if you are thinking of switching carriers, as the bold and the tour will not be available on the same carriers.
    unless they are unlocked of course
    07-01-09 11:41 AM
    The Tour is... plus the tour has a bold like keyboard just a little bit smaller then the bold which many perfer

the Tour also has the fastest browser to date out of any blackberry, much better screen then the bold, more memory
    i read rave reviews about the Bolds screen (compared to 8900) thats another thing to consider.....i got fat thumbs so i need a summthn thats gonna work well for me typing wise....but of course screen clarity/appearance and memory are factors...

thanks guys!
    07-01-09 11:43 AM
    Not even unlocked. You cant use an unlocked Bold on Verizon. If so, I woulda had one a loooooooooooong time ago. Love my Storm, but if I could have the Bold as well (and switch em up every once in a while) that would be great! Thats what I'll be doing with my Storm and my Tour when I get it.

I like the size of the Bold, although I'm happy that the Tour is atleast bigger than the Curve. The Curve is just too small IMO.
    07-01-09 11:45 AM

It's not a much better screen. If I'm not mistaken, they're the same resolution, and the Bold's screen is bigger. The Tour's may look "sharper" (as I've heard) due to the pixels on a smaller screen, but saying that it's "much better" is an overstatement.
    07-01-09 03:25 PM
    this argument can go either ways and has been discussed many times

tour
    more application memory
    slightly better screen
    better camera
    slightly smaller device (could be a good or a bad thing for you)

and obviously tour is on vzw/sprint and bold is on at&T so you may choose a network instead

bold
    has wi-fi and is slightly bigger
    bold is slightly better at multi-tasking as the processor is clocked a bit higher but there isn't a ton of noticable difference..

bold can do voice and data at the same time.

so in the end it really should be a network decision

does at&t work better then verizon in your area or does verizon work better then at&t
    07-01-09 03:31 PM
    An unlocked Tour will not be able to use T-Mobile's 3G if you even have it in your area. T-Mobile doesn't have 3G in mine.
    07-01-09 03:38 PM
    It's not a much better screen. If I'm not mistaken, they're the same resolution, and the Bold's screen is bigger. The Tour's may look "sharper" (as I've heard) due to the pixels on a smaller screen, but saying that it's "much better" is an overstatement.
    No, the Tour has a better screen then the Bolds. The bold has a 480x320 screen , and the Tour has a 480x360 screen
    07-01-09 03:40 PM
    I was wrong there, then, but you still over-exaggerate things.
    07-01-09 03:43 PM
    I was wrong there, then, but you still over-exaggerate things.
    how so? the tour has a better screen, the tour has more memory also the Tour will have the fastest BB browser to date.. I'm just stating facts, I'm not exaggerating things just listing facts what the Tour has over the bold so far
    07-01-09 03:50 PM
    how so? the tour has a better screen, the tour has more memory also the Tour will have the fastest BB browser to date.. I'm just stating facts, I'm not exaggerating things just listing facts what the Tour has over the bold so far
    I think he just want's to argue for the sake of it.

And the Bold is a G.D. brick!
    07-01-09 03:53 PM
    No, that's not my intent. I just thought his wording was misleading. Whatever.
    07-01-09 04:01 PM
    I think he just want's to argue for the sake of it.

And the Bold is a G.D. brick!
    y is it a brick?

I really considering getting a unlocked bold for mt t-mo service
    07-02-09 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD