Well I have had my tour for about a week and so far no problems. But all I read about latley is how crappy everyones tour is and how the trackball gives out. Should I just sell this one and wait for the essex? Or get the storm 2..... Cause I paid 300 for this one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 04:39 PM
    Why would you want to do that based on other people's opinions? Didn't you say you liked it or at least it has no problems?

Give it a trial run and see if you experience any of those problems yourself. THEN you can come to your own conclusion.
    Last edited by KillYouWithMyMind; 01-15-10 at 04:45 PM.
    01-15-10 04:41 PM
    I read these comments all the time as well, yet I have never had a trackball problem
    01-15-10 04:44 PM
    Me neither. I've had my Tour for nearly a month and have had no serious problems.
    01-15-10 04:46 PM
    Why would you want to do that based on other people's opinions? Didn't you say you liked it or at least it has no problems?

Give it a trial run and see if you experience any of those problems yourself. THEN you can come to your own conclusion.
    Just bc I paid so much and now they have one coming out with a trackpad soon and with that phone less worries maybe?

01-15-10 04:49 PM
    Just bc I paid so much and now they have one coming out with a trackpad soon and with that phone less worries maybe?

Problem is prevelant around here. People wait for a new device to come out, when this happens they hear about another one and ask should I wait. If you wait you will never get anything.
    01-15-10 04:52 PM
    Problem is prevelant around here. People wait for a new device to come out, when this happens they hear about another one and ask should I wait. If you wait you will never get anything.
    I love this device and I really want to keep using it but will the trackpad be worth waiting for? Or is the storm 2 better?

01-15-10 04:57 PM
    this is a forum. People dont come on here to brag about the phones, they come here to talk about issues that they have so they can get some help
    01-15-10 04:58 PM

That's always a possibility but ultimately it's just a personal decision. I couldn't see myself selling a phone I just got because of potential problems that haven't even happened yet.

Besides not everyone has those problems. Here on the site, you're gonna see alot more threads about problems with *enter phone here* than threads just stating "My phone works perfectly"

No one ever has a need to talk about what works perfectly.
    01-15-10 04:58 PM
    Or get the storm 2..... Cause I paid 300 for this one.

Honestly, first of all, the Tour cannot be compared to any Storm phone. They're two entirely different devices....the latter being in a family of large touch screens for starters.

Sounds like you're just bored or something...
    There are 'newer' build Tours that don't have the 'trackball issues' that are well known on these forums.

Go to an ATT store and play with the Bold, which has a trackpad... I mean how can your question be answered on a forum??
    01-15-10 05:15 PM
    Have you tried out a Berry with the trackpad? I played with a friend's 8530 and the trackpad was ok but I prefer the trackball as of now. I have the Tour and have had no trackball issues.
    01-15-10 05:16 PM
    My 9000 trackball is just fine. Like others say you should stick with what you have if you are happy. Never intefere with success.

01-15-10 05:22 PM
    Exactly. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    01-15-10 05:25 PM
    If it aint broke, break it and file an insurance claim.. lol j/k
    01-15-10 05:31 PM
    I have had very few problems with my tour (other than the one's I created myself).
    01-15-10 05:49 PM
    I have a Tour 9630 w/4.7.1.61 and Verizon. It rocks!!! I am trying to push the envelope and make it a mini-laptop, but for what it does, it does it all well.

I hate trackpads. Have you tried one??? One of the reasons I went with the Tour was the trackball. It's not perfect, but for a compromise, it also works well.

I bought this BlackBerry mostly to track online auctions and send & receive emails. The phone itself is only for occasional use. I wanted the browser/Internet connection and the Tour is great for this. I've also added the radio app to download streamed news/sports/weather.

I'm a happy Tour 9630 user. And I vote...
    01-15-10 06:30 PM
    Every forum is loaded with problems.

The Tour is just as solid as any blackberry these days.
    01-15-10 06:44 PM
    Also every phone is different some come bad out of the box.....not to mention people use their phones in different ways and different uses.....some are heavy users while some are light users.

Make the decision based upon what you feel about the phone.
    01-15-10 07:25 PM
    I had a few trackball problems in the beginning and things are great now. I love my Tour very very very very much!

That aside, if you like your phone, then keep it. Its your phone. People usually focus on the negative before the positive.
    01-15-10 07:41 PM
    Dude I got my tour in october 09 and since then I have not had any problems at all, in fact this phone is the sh!!!t. I've abused it, and dropped it, threw it at my wife, (LMAO) and it still works dude this phone is official.

01-15-10 08:24 PM
    I had a few trackball problems in the beginning and things are great now. I love my Tour very very very very much!

That aside, if you like your phone, then keep it. Its your phone. People usually focus on the negative before the positive.
    i love mine too! Im just worried the trackball will stop working? any tips on how to fix it if it does start acting up?

and yes i do seem obsessive i just REALLY REALLY rely on my phone for lots of things. Keeping in touch with my husband while he is away and family and friends who are also army and going through stuff. So yea i get kinda crazy about it lol sorry... i just really want somethin reliable thats all
    01-15-10 08:25 PM
    i love mine too! Im just worried the trackball will stop working? any tips on how to fix it if it does start acting up?

and yes i do seem obsessive i just REALLY REALLY rely on my phone for lots of things. Keeping in touch with my husband while he is away and family and friends who are also army and going through stuff. So yea i get kinda crazy about it lol sorry... i just really want somethin reliable thats all
    I've had my Tour since launch week and have had only one problem with the trackball, which was probably due to some dust. All I did was press down on the trackball and move it around---voile, problem fixed. I've changed the housing a few times and this phone just keeps on ticking.

No one can answer this question for you, but if you're absolutely and positively 100% reliant on your cell phone, why don't you just get a simple flip-phone or something and not worry about trackballs, operating systems, etc. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm offering an honest opinion.

If you're happy with your phone, keep it if it's working. A Tour2 with a trackpad will have people posting about problems just as much as people post about trackball problems. That's the nature of forums. At this point the Tour with trackball has been out awhile and most problems have been greatly reduced, why start over with a new release that may have early post-launch problems?

Do you have an old cell phone laying around the house? If so and you have a major problem with the Tour, just switch activation to the old phone and forward calls to that number. I've done it before with my old 8830 and it worked fine.

There are no electronic devices out there that are 100% reliable. Something can happen to anything at any time, with no warning. It's the nature of technology and if you're looking for absolute and total reliability, you're going to be chasing after every new cell phone that is released. Way too expensive and an impossible quest, at least in my opinion.

Good luck!
    01-15-10 08:38 PM
    first tour had problems had mine for 5months no problems best phone bb i ever had..... have new leaked software.419 and running smooth
    01-15-10 08:39 PM
    Ya I also have had no problems myself. If it aint broke don't fix it.
    01-15-10 08:53 PM
    No im keeping this one for good lol my hubby told me no more...i only had my storm for 5 months before i switched last week ....sooo i am keepin with my tour so i am good now
    01-15-10 09:01 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD