Searched and haven't found anything conclusive. Also called Verizon data support and nada.

Lenovo T500 is on XP pro
    9630 OS is 4.7.1.57

I am paired up with my Laptop as they both show up as checked and paired. When I check BT services on the T500 for my 9630 it only shows "Headset" and "DUN" as services available. Is the same in My Bluetooth Places.

I have tried sending a pic via BT to the T500, but when it says "searching" with the file transfer progress bar, after a sec it says "failed to find service" on the 9630.

on the 9630 when I look under BT and go to options when my laptop device is highlighted I notice that data transfer seems to be one of a subset of "Serial Profile". The other include desktop connectivity, Wireless Bypass and SIM access Profile.

I'm thinking that this phone doesn't allow BT data transfer, but I swear I have heard other people say it can. Can someone with first hand experience tell me if their 9630 on Verizon actual can do it?
    11-12-09 07:46 PM
    I am having the same kind of problem.

I am trying to pair with my wife's Samsung Caliber. It pairs just fine and I can send pictures and ringtones to her but she can't send anything to me.

The profiles is only showing headset and DUN.

All the profiles in my options is checked.

Surely this is a software glitch. **** most free phones transfers files.

Please tell me this expensive Tour can do it. It's 2009 for Christ sake.

Any help from anyone on how to transfer files via BT?
    11-17-09 09:13 PM
    To receive pics via bluetooth you have to make sure you select the receive via bluetooth option or else it will fail. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 09:43 PM
    ^ to elaborate (I was having the same problem)

click on the blutooth icon in your system tray on pc and click "receive a file" then send from your bb, kind of a hassle but it works for me
    11-17-09 10:46 PM
    To receive pics via bluetooth you have to make sure you select the receive via bluetooth option or else it will fail. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well after I made my post, I remember that and it worked.

Just seems like a hassle. But at least it works.
    11-17-09 10:49 PM
    ^ to elaborate (I was having the same problem)

click on the blutooth icon in your system tray on pc and click "receive a file" then send from your bb, kind of a hassle but it works for me
    I do not have that option. I have "explore my BT places", "add a BT device", "BT configuration" and "quick connect" which subets into "send business card, Bluetooth serial port, Network access, DUN, File transfer, Fax, PIM etc" which each of these sub categories presenting a "find device tab".

When When I go to the subset of file transfer I double click on the Blackberry 9630 Icon in BT device selection (has a little red check to show it has been detected and ready) it says "Device 'BlackBerry 9630' does not support service 'File transfer''

This fits in with the service profile on the phone (file transfer subset under serial connection only) and also with what Verizons data team said. From the documentation online for verizon wireless none of their Blackberrys can file transfer from phone to laptop, only phone to phone.

Yet you guys say you can through your laptop. Something is missing and I can't figure it out.

Just realized that the guys who it worked for are not on the Verizon network and probably the reason it works for you.
    Last edited by dillyyo; 11-17-09 at 11:40 PM.
    11-17-09 11:36 PM
    Likewise, my Verizon 9630 WILL NOT bluetooth transfer files to my Thinkpad X60. This same laptop had no problem receiving files from my old cell phones.

Pretty damn annoying. Can anyone with a Verizon 9630 confirm sending files through BT?
    11-18-09 12:25 AM
    I have sent and received files using my Tour's BT to my desktop (vista home premium).

I just added a BT dongle to my work computer (XP) and while it worked on Monday for file transfer and even a Desktop Manager backup, I could not establish a connection yesterday (Tues) and then the usb would not work either. Did not have time to figure it out.
    11-18-09 09:42 AM
    Interesting... thanks! Keep us posted if any further findings..
    11-18-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD