I was never entirely satisfied with the browsers speed since I got the tour. I thought it was as slow as dial up in the old days, so I seldom used it. I was at Verizon store looking at upgrading to the 9650. The sales person took my 9630 to the tech and as I understand it "up dated the service books". It is now fast as wifi maybe even better! I wish I did this long ago! I fail to understand why the updates through desktop manager or over the air did not correct the service books.
    My recommendation is stop in and have the tech (I have Verizon), tune up your phone if you are unsatisfied with browser. They also offered to clean or replace the track ball for free. I never had any issues with the track ball...I clean it myself 2X a year.
    07-16-10 12:34 PM
    Wow, I am shocked. I have a very hard time believing they offered to "clean or replace trackballs" because they have hundreds and hundreds of times refused to clean trackballs or replace them in stores for users here on CB. They simply send out a warranty claim CLN-refurb.
    07-16-10 12:41 PM
    I'm not sure I understand why someone would need to "stop in" and have the tech update the Service Books.

It's a simple and easy process for the user to resend the Service Books themselves at any time.

??
    07-16-10 12:47 PM
    well i don't know how to update service books. please clue me in. i hate how slow my tour is and i rarely use it for internet ..
    07-16-10 12:54 PM
    Email Settings Icon on BlackBerry
    Sign In
    Menu
    Service Books
    Resend Service Books

The BlackBerry browser is still slow for full web pages. It's pretty good for mobile pages though.

The BlackBerry browser leaves a lot to be desired. It's good for mobile sites, not so much with full sites, especially image heavy sites.

Try using uZard Web or Bolt Browser instead for full web sites.
    uZard supports Flash. It's beta however and needs some work.

Bolt has been out a while and is very quick and renders sites PC style. Another nice feature of Bolt is you can download a plugin that adds "Open With Bolt" in your BlackBerry menu. Then when you get a link sent by email, SMS, BBM you can highlight the link, press Menu, Open With Bolt. If you download the add on, when you click on links in your email Bolt will launch to open the link.

i hope the BlackBerry browser is upgraded very soon (webkit).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-10 01:09 PM
    thanks. i updated the service books. will check out the bolt browser
    07-16-10 01:23 PM
    I am new to the Blackberry experience and have only had it since August 09? I found the learning curve somewhat challenging. I do not know what service books are, or why they would not be automatically updated with the software. This site has helped me so much in learning how to get the most out of my Tour.
    The service tech in New Jersey at a retail location offered to replace the trac ball free. Maybe because I am spending 179 each month and they want to keep me happy? Regardless I said no thanks because if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    I hated my browser speed before he tweaked it. Now it is much faster and usable. I posted for any other folks who may not be as savvy (like me) and are suffering. When I got it back after the service book update I asked the sales rep if they were using some kind of data enhancer in the store. I could not believe the difference. Thought they had some kind of cell extender or booster running.
    07-17-10 12:59 PM
    Here are some great resources on CrackBerry to help with getting to know how the BlackBerry device works and how to get the most of the features.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/serv...ks-how-115031/

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-help-videos-tutorials
    07-18-10 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD