Ok what do i do to change it? I did try to change it to colum and thats not the way i had it on my curve...what should i do?
    08-01-09 10:53 PM
    Use column, or press I to zoom in and O to zoom out. Change font size in options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 10:58 PM
    The high resolution also has something to do with this. Remember the screen res of the 83XX Curve vs the 9630 Tour is 320x240 vs 480x360.

This means the 83XX screen has 76,800 pixels while the 9630 Tour has 172,800 pixels. That's almost 2.5 times the resolution. Whoa!

08-01-09 11:26 PM
    Yeah use column view and change font size.

08-02-09 12:04 AM
    I have not upgraded to the Tour yet but have been checking it out. The FONT is bad news for older eyes. It does not seem adjustable - two sizes - a tiny or a bit larger. I do not know what the font setting in options does??? And in one mode, you have to scroll left-right to read which is a pain. I hope Rim believes this is a flaw (bug) and fixes it. I don't care if they tweaked the resolution on the new screen size - they need to allow users to adjust the font.
    08-02-09 08:44 AM
    You can changes font sized all you want but it doesn't change when viewing the browser in high resolution. This was yet another reason I took back my Tour. For older eyes the browser on my Curve is much better. The Tour just isn't for everyone. The browser fonts on the Storm are actually changeable...you might want to wait until Nov when the Storm 2 comes out, which is what I'm going to do, unless the new Curve 8530 shows up first.
    08-02-09 09:04 AM
    Yeah use column view and change font size.

Thanks for that info. Changing these settings sure did help me a lot.
    08-02-09 09:23 AM
    The browser fonts on the Tour are changeable. Pages are very easy to read.

08-02-09 09:26 AM
    how do you change browser fonts for the tour? my old eyes have real trouble reading such small print
    08-02-09 09:54 AM
    nevermind!!!!
    08-02-09 09:57 AM
    The browser fonts on the Tour are changeable. Pages are very easy to read.

maybe for you...On phone with BBCS and notta yet....Lots of issues..upgrading OS...
    08-02-09 10:00 AM
    The fonts in OperaMini are larger by default, and tends to render some sites better than the BB browser.

I generally prefer the BB browser for its ease of use, and changing the default font size in the browser to 12 and the font minimum to 10 makes most pages very readable (from BB Browser, Options --> General Properties). But, I use OperaMini for some sites. Did not like Bolt.
    08-02-09 10:13 AM
    maybe for you...On phone with BBCS and notta yet....Lots of issues..upgrading OS...
    Actually, for anyone.

If you're in the Browser, press Menu (the BlackBerry logo button).

Press O or scroll to Options and click on it.

Click on the middle choice, General Properties.

Scroll down to Min Font Size. The default setting is 6. Click on the number showing and choose whatever size you like. Maybe try 9 to start. You can always come right back here and change it again.

Before you leave this area, ensure that Default View is set to Column, NOT page.

Press the Escape button (back arrow button to right of trackball).

Select Save.

Press Escape again to return from Browser Options screen to your last Browser page.

Press R on your keypad to refresh the screen and enjoy the new font size you have selected.

Ta-dah! You have magically transformed your Browser from "tiny" to readable...

08-02-09 10:15 AM
    I also hit "Z" and the screen will reformat. But this has to be done each time you view the page

08-02-09 11:00 AM
    Thank you Elite1 that worked for me know I can see everything...Thank You!!!!!
    08-07-09 04:52 AM
    The fonts in OperaMini are larger by default, and tends to render some sites better than the BB browser.

I generally prefer the BB browser for its ease of use, and changing the default font size in the browser to 12 and the font minimum to 10 makes most pages very readable (from BB Browser, Options --> General Properties). But, I use OperaMini for some sites. Did not like Bolt.
    thank you!!
    08-13-09 05:25 PM
    In my Tour (before I returned it) in the BB Browser you could change the font size to as high as possible and what rendered didn't change at all. That's what I wondered why it was even an option. In BB Browser on my Curve, changing fonts actually changes fonts.
    08-13-09 05:52 PM
    Hello,

I am a newbie and want to learn....so what does changing from Page to Columns do??
    08-13-09 08:19 PM
    In my Tour (before I returned it) in the BB Browser you could change the font size to as high as possible and what rendered didn't change at all. That's what I wondered why it was even an option. In BB Browser on my Curve, changing fonts actually changes fonts.
    I don't know what to tell you. This absolutely works, but can be confusing. Did you remember to also have your Browser set to Column View?
    Also, there are 2 font size settings in the Browser: Min & Default. Did you change both?
    Many people haven't realized that the "global" font size settings in the Options > Screen/Keyboard menu does NOT affect the Browser. Browser font sizes must be separately set (on the Tour anyway) while in the Browser by pressing MENU > Options > General Properties.
    08-13-09 10:54 PM
    Hello,

I am a newbie and want to learn....so what does changing from Page to Columns do??
    ... is by trying things out! Trust me, your phone will NOT explode!

Page view takes what you would see on a desktop and shrinks to fit on a page. Sometimes it still doesn't fit width-wise and you have to scroll both left-to-right as well as up-and-down. Major hassle and makes many (ok, most) websites very small and hard to read. Clicking the trackball will zoom usually. Or you can use I and O to Zoom In and Zoom Out, respectively.

Column View renders most websites into a BB-friendly version, with text appearing in sizes as per your settings. (As described in my post above.)

Page View sure looks cool, especially with a high-res device (Tour, 8900, Bold, etc), but I got tired of it pretty quick and now use Column View.
    08-13-09 11:02 PM
    Thanks! Great post.

08-14-09 01:23 AM
    I don't know what to tell you. This absolutely works, but can be confusing. Did you remember to also have your Browser set to Column View?
    Also, there are 2 font size settings in the Browser: Min & Default. Did you change both?
    Many people haven't realized that the "global" font size settings in the Options > Screen/Keyboard menu does NOT affect the Browser. Browser font sizes must be separately set (on the Tour anyway) while in the Browser by pressing MENU > Options > General Properties.
    Oh...I believe you, and thinking back I believe I did have it also set to column view...for sure I changed the font size several times. But it's too late now and that wasn't the reason I returned it anyway. The muffled and weak sound to everyone I spoke with, that it wouldn't work with my hands-free system in the car, and that the BT headset was weak sounding to everyone I spoke with...that's why it went back. Pretty much the same reasons well-evidenced in this forum. I my be foolish here, but while I'm keeping VZW and my Curve, I'm going to grab an iPhone and try it for a month to see if I can tolerate AT&T's service around here.
    08-14-09 04:34 PM
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... iPhone? That's crazy-talk.

Seriously though, OS 5.0 should be released within the next 1-6 weeks, depending who you believe.
    The Tour is a fantastic device that was rushed out just a tad early.
    I think it would definitely be worth your while to see the reviews after the new OS is released, since it's supposed to relieve all issues except loose battery doors.
    The Browser will likely be reworked to some degree as well.
    08-14-09 06:46 PM
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... iPhone? That's crazy-talk.

Seriously though, OS 5.0 should be released within the next 1-6 weeks, depending who you believe.
    The Tour is a fantastic device that was rushed out just a tad early.
    I think it would definitely be worth your while to see the reviews after the new OS is released, since it's supposed to relieve all issues except loose battery doors.
    The Browser will likely be reworked to some degree as well.
    I couldn't agree more that the Tour is a great device, but having been a BB user for ten years now I won't hold my breath for a new OS update anytime soon :-) It was certainly rushed out, but things like battery door issues don't bother me, my primary concern was that I couldn't use it for a phone. When I see in this forum the muffled sound is fixed and it works with hands-free car systems I'll probably get it again. I just wish Verizon had the Bold :-( And no, I didn't get the iPhone...I went down and played with it awhile, but even though I'm a Mac user and Apple fan, I'm not quite ready to make that switch yet.
    08-14-09 08:18 PM
    thank you for making life so much easier!!!
    08-14-09 08:29 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD