Well today I was pressed against a wall with my blackberry in my pocket and upon taking it out my screen was messed up. There isn't any physical damage but the screen has a visible digital crack and all I can see is colored lines that change when I scroll around my menu. I have had the phone for only around 7 months from Verizon and I didn't purchase any insurance with it. I went into the Verizon store and the person there told me I would have to pay full retail price to get it fixed. Is this really the sad truth? Can't I get it for any cheaper?!? Would I be able to get a friend's old curve and update my line to use that instead? If all else fails then I will try to replace it myself, so does anyone know where I can buy a new screen for cheap?

R.I.P my blackberry
    Last edited by bb69; 05-11-10 at 06:24 PM.
    05-11-10 06:21 PM
    changing the screen is simple. i actually buy used damaged phones on ebay...replace parts and resell. i recommend ebay. i actually just bought a 9630 replacement screen for $49.99 with free shipping. seller is located in florida with awesome feedbacks. i buy parts on ebay all the time from usa sellers
    05-11-10 06:26 PM
    Do you mind sending me a private message with the seller's ebay page?
    05-11-10 06:29 PM
    Yes, if your friends Curve is a Verizon BlackBerry you can use that. Just call VZW to activate it for you. Then use the Device Switch Wizard to transfer your data. Or use a saved backup to load onto your new (used) Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 06:30 PM
    Do you mind sending me a private message with the seller's ebay page?
    PM sent...sorry...its actually $39.99 w/ship
    05-11-10 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD