I switched to a Tour from an LG Voyager when it came out. Ever since I switched, everytime I get a voicemail or call my voicemail or anything, I get a text message from 900080002021 stating BREW:0x0106185d:000N0008VZWCVSN200 or something similar. I don't get a voicemail icon or anything, just that text message. I know BREW is the Verizon dumbphone OS, so i'm assuming that the voicemail system is trying to tell my old phone with BREW that I have a voicemail when it should be sending it Blackberry style. Am I right and how would I fix this?

Thanks guys!
    08-11-09 05:21 PM
    Did you sign up for any text/email alerts with your old Voyager? It has something to do with a program on your old phone that was receiving information in text form but it would go to that program. Now that the program is not on the Tour it is just a text message. Does the Voyager have a visual voice mail that you had?
    08-11-09 06:26 PM
    Did you sign up for any text/email alerts with your old Voyager? It has something to do with a program on your old phone that was receiving information in text form but it would go to that program. Now that the program is not on the Tour it is just a text message. Does the Voyager have a visual voice mail that you had?
    I did have visual voicemail for the Voyager but I didn't add it to my Tour.
    08-11-09 08:29 PM
    Flexia is right. It's from an old app that used to send alerts. Had a buddy that got that with his first Berry that was a leftover from a dictionary app that used to send like 'word of the day' alerts.
    08-11-09 08:33 PM
    Call your carrier and tell them to put a stop to it. It worked for me with Sprint.
    08-11-09 08:36 PM
    These are generally from mobile email, that was never stopped properly. Call VZW tech and they have a tool that can stop this. I just did this today for a customer.
    08-11-09 08:39 PM
    These are generally from mobile email, that was never stopped properly. Call VZW tech and they have a tool that can stop this. I just did this today for a customer.
    very true I have had that issue on my phone and they fixed it no problem
    08-11-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD