I took the leap! Went to Verizon today and bought my first Blackberry, the Tour. Now, I have been reading these forums for a few weeks and I came across a post that said if you hold down your BB button, it shows you all the apps you have open.

I did this after an hour or two or playing around and noticed i had ALOT of things running, I managed to close most of them. But the Browser, Phone, Home Screen, Messages, and Blackberry Messenger apps are there, and I can not figure out how to close out of them.

I open them, hit the BB button, then close, but they are still there.. any ideas?
    03-04-10 08:19 PM
    No worries, those will always stay open. Welcome to the BB world.
    03-04-10 08:23 PM
    One more thing, I downloaded The Weather Channel app and Weatherbug app... which one can I use to get the temp/weather on the home screen?
    03-04-10 08:59 PM
    Berryweather is my favorite one. But for free, you have weathereye

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 09:04 PM
    One more thing, I downloaded The Weather Channel app and Weatherbug app... which one can I use to get the temp/weather on the home screen?
    I have the Weatherbug app and you can get the temp/weather on the home screen.
    03-04-10 09:53 PM
    I have The Weather chanel app on my Tour, no problems with it. It was very accurate and reliable IMO... Welcome to the Blackberry. World

03-04-10 10:04 PM
    Berryweather is the best paid BB weather app. I prefer weathereye as its free and is a nice basic weather app.
    03-04-10 10:45 PM
    I use the Weatherbug also and it updates on the home screen. Welcome to the Crackberry addiction!!!

03-04-10 11:14 PM
    How are you guys getting it on the main screen!?! haha.. Sorry, I'm really new
    03-05-10 12:05 AM
    Click the Blackberry menu button, then scroll over to any icon you want to move, press the blackberry button again and a menu will pop up, then press move and move it up to the top row of icons. You can do this to set up your home screen to contain whatever links you use the most.
    03-05-10 12:27 AM
    Welcome to Blackberry! Always glad to have another BB friend!

I use weather bug and it automatically updates the weather every 15 minutes on my homescreen. I use a certain theme to have the icon show on my homescreen.

Don't want to try and confuse you, but here is a theme I used to use and it's awesome!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/pr...8-free-292728/
    03-05-10 04:59 PM
    How do you close the game applications? They show up when I hold down the BlackBerry button and I can't seem to properly close them.
    03-05-10 10:05 PM
    Hit the blackberry button when you open the game app and click close. Or some of them you just have to hit the back button for them to close all the way.

03-05-10 11:58 PM
    Thanks!
    03-06-10 12:08 AM
    welcome to the crackberry nation
    03-06-10 12:12 AM
    Welcome To Crackberry

I Recommend The Bold Version Of Weatherbug For The Tour, I Would Also Recommend Having It Update Itself Every 2 Hours, Weatherbug Has A Slight Memory Leak. Also, You Can Use WeatherEye, It's Simple And It Has A Clean User Interface. I Have Not Noticed No Memory Leak With WeatherEye.

The Messages App, The Browser, The Home Icon, And The Phone App & Blackberry Messenger Stay Running In The Background By Default, So No Worries There. Enjoy The Tour, It Truly Is A Great Blackberry To Own

Weatherbug BOLD Version OTA
    http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/bold/bold.jad

WeatherEye OTA
    http://weyebb.pelmorex.com/BlackBerry/WeatherEye2.jad
    Last edited by TannerSD398; 03-06-10 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Missed Typing In Words
    03-06-10 12:14 AM
    Thanks!
    Welcome- I too was a newbie - Last Julya nd got the Tout as well- You will find these forums very helpful and the people so far have been fanntastic! I've learned a lot and have since graduated to a Hybrid OS without any problems -

Good luck, enjoy and welcome again !
    03-06-10 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD