Well I bought my Tour (Sprint) on 8-13-09. Before I bought the Phone I did a bit of research about it on this site. I saw another member speaking about how he got a Tour, it was defective so he went to sprint to get another phone. He said a week later the second phone gave him trouble so he took it in and Sprint refused to give him a new phone becuase it was refurbished. He didn't know that the 2nd Tour was refurbished. He explained that you can go to

-Options
    -About

Then I scroll Down to See

Refurbished: Y (July 28,2009)

This is my First Tour. I dont understand why I got a phone that has been refurbished. I had to order the phone through my local store, they didn't have it in stock so it had to be ordered.

My phone works fine now but I just dont want to go into Sprint if this phone messes up and them tell me I cant get another one because it was refurbished.

I am guessing that my phone had previously had a trackball problem and was sent back to RIM to fix the problem then they sent it to Sprint to be resold, I have no Idea, any information would be great, sorry for the long drawn out Post.
    Last edited by AHVTEC; 08-31-09 at 01:10 PM.
    08-31-09 12:54 PM
    they might have refurbished it if it had issues before it was sent out
    08-31-09 01:06 PM
    Did you purchase it from a Verizon Wireless Flagship (Corp) store or an Authorized Reseller? I've seen quite a few resellers purchasing Refurbs directly from RIM and selling them new at the same price to increase profits... Not illegal but certainly frowned upon.
    08-31-09 02:51 PM
    Did you purchase it from a Verizon Wireless Flagship (Corp) store or an Authorized Reseller? I've seen quite a few resellers purchasing Refurbs directly from RIM and selling them new at the same price to increase profits... Not illegal but certainly frowned upon.
    He bought it from Sprint, not VZW.

I'd just call up Sprint and find out why. If the phone is working fine I wouldn't worry about it. I would just keep your receipts and everything to prove that you bought it new. After 30 days it doesn't matter anways, right?
    08-31-09 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD