I bought my Tour on eBay and I am having awful OS problems even after a fresh reboot of the newest, and my ball gets iffy sometimes. Not as bad as some, but still annoying.

Would Verizon still replace my phone or not because it wasn't from them?
    08-24-09 11:24 AM
    Probably not you bought the phone from a "third" party therefore VZW has no obligation to help you....sucks but sorry
    08-24-09 11:28 AM
    I bought my Tour on eBay and I am having awful OS problems even after a fresh reboot of the newest, and my ball gets iffy sometimes. Not as bad as some, but still annoying.

Would Verizon still replace my phone or not because it wasn't from them?
    Your device is still under warranty though Rim.
    08-24-09 11:30 AM
    Your device is still under warranty though Rim.
    Awesome, thanks. How long will it take and what do I need to do?
    08-24-09 11:32 AM
    Awesome, thanks. How long will it take and what do I need to do?
    Not sure.

I have Sprint, and they do the warranty support for Rim. I don't know if VZW is the same way. I'd call Rim up and talk to them. You'll have to find their phone number, I don't have it.

Good luck.
    08-24-09 11:40 AM
    Go to the store and just go to the tech. They'll go by the warranty date. It'll show you've had it less than a year and the phone is def less than a year old. They shouldn't have a problem swapping it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 11:47 AM
    Go to the store and just go to the tech. They'll go by the warranty date. It'll show you've had it less than a year and the phone is def less than a year old. They shouldn't have a problem swapping it out.
    Yes; however to the OP: Make sure you have insurance added onto your Tour through Verizon before doing this. If you don't have insurance; they WON'T simply "swap" out the phone for another Tour.
    08-24-09 11:54 AM
    Yes; however to the OP: Make sure you have insurance added onto your Tour through Verizon before doing this. If you don't have insurance; they WON'T simply "swap" out the phone for another Tour.
    My sister doesn't have warranty on her Curve and she had OS problems and they swapped it out with not a penny spent.
    08-24-09 12:15 PM
    Do not mention it was bought on ebay. Just go to the store and say you are having issues. They will replace it under the 1 year manf. warranty. No insurance needed.

Insurance is only needed for theft, loss of item or some sort of damage that is not covered by the manf. warranty. People seem to think insurance is needed for everything when that is not the case.
    08-24-09 12:17 PM
    If you have insurance on it just drop a by any store if not you will have to go trough RIM... or contact the seller they are willing to help most of the time, also if you used PayPal you have 21 days to stop payment. good luck.
    08-24-09 12:24 PM
    My sister doesn't have warranty on her Curve and she had OS problems and they swapped it out with not a penny spent.
    Do not mention it was bought on ebay. Just go to the store and say you are having issues. They will replace it under the 1 year manf. warranty. No insurance needed.

Insurance is only needed for theft, loss of item or some sort of damage that is not covered by the manf. warranty. People seem to think insurance is needed for everything when that is not the case.
    It isn't about what people "seem" to be thinking about insurance...it's about advice based on personal experience (and I can/will base it on my own).

It also depends on the individual that is handling your request really; some are more stringent and adament than others. So in case the OP does deal with one of those stringent reps...the rep WOULDN'T be wrong in NOT swapping out the Tour for another one...I'm just saying. But best of luck to the OP.
    08-24-09 12:28 PM
    It isn't about what people "seem" to be thinking about insurance...it's about advice based on personal experience (and I can/will base it on my own).

It also depends on the individual that is handling your request really; some are more stringent and adament than others. So in case the OP does deal with one of those stringent reps...the rep WOULDN'T be wrong in NOT swapping out the Tour for another one...I'm just saying. But best of luck to the OP.
    actually he would be. warranty cover defects such as OS bugs/ Defective trackballs that are broken through obvious negligence. You dont need insurance and you shouldnt say ANYTHING about how you got the tour. just go in and state your problems. they will replace it for you
    08-24-09 12:33 PM

If there is a manf. defect with the phone that was not caused by any user error, and they refused to swap out the phone, that would be a breach of contract. The customer would then be able to cancel service on the spot with no fee's whatsoever and go to small claims court and sue for damages such as the cost of the phone etc etc.

The rep would be very wrong not to honor the manf. 1 year warranty. Until Verizon states that the phone manf. will handle all issues (which they have stated the exact opposite), then it is their responsibility since they are considered the retailer that sold you the equipment.

If you bought a defective video game from Walmart made by EA games, would you try to get the replacement at the retailer, or try to contact EA games?

There are two types of policies offered through verizon. One is an extended warranty which I think is 2$ a month (that extends warranty past the 1 year mark), and one is insurance that's I think 5$ a month. People seem to mix up having insurance with having a warranty. Insurance is for the what if, just in case. The warranty basically covers everything that could go wrong with your phone that would not be user error. I never understood why people feel insurance = automatic new phone.
    08-24-09 01:02 PM
    The other option is to return it to the vendor you purchased it from on Ebay. They have to take it back within 45 days.
    08-24-09 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD