OK, the iPhone 5 is just over the horizon (likely Spring '12), but I don't necessarily want it. I love my 9630. Up against my wife's iPhone 4, it is sorta like an All-Pro running back vs. a Cy Young winner. While the iPhone does a whole lot of things fantastically it is far more delicate than my 9630, which doesn't "do" as much but operates with dependability and can take a lickin'. My main complaint about it - battery pulls are necessary much more than I would like (about once every few weeks).

I don't use/want many BB apps and don't have any aftermarket additions (like a high capacity battery - which I am considering).

What should I do, software or otherwise, which would further bolster my Tour's capabilities? Your suggestions would be much appreciated.
    11-20-11 08:38 AM
    I have a Tour, and love it, never had any problems. I have several apps I do like.

Blackberry Protect- backs up my phone every week

Google Maps - really nice GPS app

leave it on- allows apps you want to stay lit so you don't have to put up with backlight going off all the time.

Berry Buzz- nice app that allows me to use different led colors for differant message types or from different people.

These are just a few I use and I think enhance my Tour
    MJG196 likes this.
    11-20-11 03:47 PM
    Thanks a lot Mike. I d/l'd BB Protect. Anything I should do to speed up the Internet?
    11-28-11 04:24 PM
    I am not sure if there is anything that can speed up the internet, since the Tour does not have wifi, it is the only true drawback I know for the phone. I know that if you use Opra Mini, ( a browser) that is it quite a bit better than the BB browser.

I did upgrade my operating system from 4.5 to 5.0 several months ago. Not sure if it really helped or not.

as far as the battery pulls, you can do that by pushing Alt-R.Shft-Del. this does basically the same thing as pulling the battery. It is a soft reset. This is what I do from time to time as opposed to pulling the battery.
    11-28-11 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD