I am switching to Verizon today and I want to buy a tour. I am a little worried about getting one with a bad trackball. I have watched several reviews on youtube and read the forums and many of you are talking about a bad trackball. Has rim addressed the issue on the current stock or it still hit and miss? If the trackball is bad will it be apparent at the store or will it go bad after a little use? Is their any other things that I should look for prior to leaving the store? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 03:55 AM
    It should be apparent right away.

Have them let you examine it before you purchase it.

08-01-09 03:58 AM
    i worried a lot about the trackball issue too... went to the store, checked out the phone, it was perfectly fine

just check it out at the store before you leave
    08-01-09 04:07 AM
    Ok. I appreciate the info. I did not know if they would let you check it out prior to purchase or if it would take a couple of weeks
    to start acting up. I hope the build quality is as good on tour as my Bold. Gonna miss her

08-01-09 04:18 AM
    The only difference is that the Curve 8900 and Tour use a different housing assembly in which the ball doesn't light up but the ring around it.

As for how they feel, they are almost identical I believe in terms of scrolling etc...
    08-01-09 04:20 AM
    u have 30 days to exchange it for a brand new phone, cancel your verizon, or get a replacement
    08-01-09 04:24 AM
    I just returned my Tour and the sales rep ensured that I did not have the same issue as I had with my shipped phone. it seems that most people are having this issue resolved so the initial shipment must have had some malfunction.
    08-01-09 07:11 AM
    does the bold have light from underneath that leaks through around the buttons like the tour does????
    08-01-09 07:15 AM
    It is said the Bold is still the king of blackberries. Get the tour and let us know what you think.

08-01-09 07:15 AM
    Is their any other things that I should look for prior to leaving the store? Thanks

Check the battery door. Some are far looser than others. First one they handed me they took back because the door jiggled and shifted all over the place. 2nd one (one I bought) has ever so slight movement but no big deal to me.

Some see screen ripple regularly with mouse movement. (Look in screen corners.) I saw it once on mine, lower right corner, but was pressing hard on the mouse. Normal pressure I don't see it at all.
    08-01-09 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD