I know if I posted at this forum, the responses might be biased. I currently use a Tour but always wondered if the Bold was better. Now that I have a chance to trade for one, is it worth it? What am I missing out on the trade? The only thing I want to change with the Bold is to put a black trackball, similar to the one on the Tour.

I think I like the size and the backing of the Bold. So, should I make the trade?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 02:37 PM
    i think that new bold 9700 looks pretty sweet.. i would probably trade for that but not the 9000.. what are you looking for that makes you want a Bold? Are you unhappy with your Tour?
    12-05-09 02:48 PM
    Oh yes, I've looked at the 9700. It is sweet but I don't wanna pay the extra cash yet. I'm not really unhappy, I just always wondered if 9000 was better.

12-05-09 02:57 PM
    I test drove a Bold 9000 at AT&T before getting the Tour. I can't switch carriers because I have rural property I go to a lot that's pretty remote. AT&T is not known for good coverage there, VZW is far better.

But I sure would have liked that Bold. Biggest draw was the keyboard, I could type far more efficiently. That little bit of extra size mattered.
    What I didn't care so much for was the heavy weight, might be OK for a guy, but felt a bit...cumbersome to me.

Still, I like my Tour but if I could get a B9000 on VZW, I'd consider it.
    12-05-09 04:37 PM
    Yeah. I was wanting that size. The keyboard I think is perfect.

12-05-09 04:39 PM
    Bold 9000 is a great phone but it's too "yesterday"
    They should come out with something completely new (OS wise too) with more or less same form factor (size) as the 9000 for those who like bigger phones . All these new berries all look alike now, RIM should come out with something completely different. Just my opinion.

12-05-09 07:50 PM
    Bold 9000 is a great phone but it's too "yesterday"
    They should come out with something completely new (OS wise too) with more or less same form factor (size) as the 9000 for those who like bigger phones . All these new berries all look alike now, RIM should come out with something completely different. Just my opinion.

Very Very True, Every Blackberry Now Just Look's The Same, I Would Prefer Them To Improve There OS Instead Of Coming Out With A New Phone Almost Every 6-7 Months.
    12-05-09 08:12 PM
    Network first. If you don't get as good of service with AT&T as you currently do with Verizon, why even consider the change? Now, if AT&T would work as good as VZW for you, then that's another story. Assuming service is equal (and that's a huge assumption), I still wouldn't switch the Tour for the Bold. You stated you liked the Bold's size, so you might just want to switch. Addition of wifi and simultaneous voice and data are attractive features.
    12-05-09 08:14 PM
    Go with the bold 9000 great phone.
    12-06-09 02:14 AM
    The bold has a nice feeling trackball. It also has a shorter screen than the Tour. The Tour screen is 480x360 while the Bold is 480x320.
    12-06-09 02:36 AM
    The bold has a nice feeling trackball. It also has a shorter screen than the Tour. The Tour screen is 480x360 while the Bold is 480x320.
    The Bold's screen is actually bigger (wider) than the Tour screen. The Tour's resolution is higher than the Bold's

Last edited by GG1; 12-06-09 at 10:21 AM.
    12-06-09 09:28 AM
    To me, the camera on the 9000 is a sizeable step back.

If the camera isn't as important to you, the 9000 is a solid trade.

But... the Tour is GREAT too!
    12-06-09 10:42 AM
    The Bold's screen is actually bigger (wider) than the Tour screen. The Tour's resolution is higher than the Bold's

My bad. I have never used one, I was going of what I learned from making a theme for one on Theme Builder.
    12-06-09 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD