This one has me totally puzzled...

Here I am thinking I got one of the perfect Tours, no issues at all for the first 15 days. I really hadn't been using bluetooth much but turned it on last Sunday. My Tour was down to about 20-25% battery life when I did a shutdown (leaving bluetooth on) and went to bed. Woke up Monday morning to a totally drained Tour...

Ok - so I'm thinking maybe it was lower than 20% when I shutdown, but it still shouldn't have drained completely, should it? Anyway; didn't worry too much.

Then 2 days go by (no issues) and last night I checked and saw at least 75% battery left. I (purposely) left bluetooth still on and did a full shutdown.

So - as you can already surmise... I wake up this morning (late too - the Tour never came on and rang the alarm). I pick up my Tour and it is once again completely drained!!!

Anyone seeing anything like this?

When a Blackberry is shutdown/off, should the battery run down at all? ... much less to zero from 75%?

Is it simply a bad battery (which was perfectly fine for the first two weeks) ?

Could it be the Tour itself? ... I've got 10 more days before my 30 day trial is up.

Maybe a coincidence, but this started when I had bluetooth on while shutdown... guess I'll turn bluetooth off tonight "BEFORE" shutting down and see what happens.

** UPDATE **

Turned bluetooth off last night before shutting down, was @ 50% battery. Woke this morning (by the Tour's Alarm) and battery was still 50%... as it should be!

Not definitive yet, but I will leave bluetooth on tonight when I shutdown. If the battery drains overnight, I guess we will have identified a problem. Is it my Tour? , something in OS 4.7.1.40 in all Tours??? Stay tuned to this channel...

/BD
    08-13-09 05:36 PM
    I wouldn't know cause I charge my phone at night and it's not the tour it might be a bug in the OS and what do you mean by shutting down?
    08-13-09 05:42 PM
    ...and what do you mean by shutting down?
    Shutting down as in turning the phone off or turning power off by pressing the Red Phone Button.

/BD
    08-13-09 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD