Hi all,

Just a little disclaimer - let me say, I extensively searched the forums for this specific issue but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I didn't post this in the Bluetooth sub-forum because I believe this is a Tour-related issue. I've read the "Car bluetooth + Tour = can't hear me well" thread so I originally thought that this was the issue with ALL BT headsets as well.

Okay, here's the problem. My mom has a 9630, paired with a Moto H700 headset. She listens to Pandora all day, so she loves listening to it through her headset. But during calls, callers complain that they can't hear her. I have to turn the volume up on my phone to hear her when she calls me on her headset. Doesn't matter who she calls, they all complain that they can't hear her. I originally thought that this was a common issue with the Tour and ANY bluetooth, but the more I've read the more I'm thinking it's this specific headset.

She had previously paired this same headset with her 8330, and no problems, callers could hear her loud and clear.

So two questions - do you think she needs to get a differerent BT or is there a fix?

And if she needs a new BT, which is the least expensive BT for the Tour that you'd recommend? She'd want the new headset to be able to play her Pandora.

Thanks in advance!!
    08-02-09 04:03 PM
    The H700 is a little older BT, I use one with my Tour and no one has complained about not being able to hear me.

The volume on my end is great but a little staticy sometimes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 04:36 PM
    Did you miss the sticky about the BT issues the Tour has had?
    08-02-09 04:46 PM
    Did you miss the sticky about the BT issues the Tour has had?
    Did you miss in my original post where I stated that I've already read the sticky on the car BT issues. I'm asking about BT headset compatibility with the Tour.

Or are you saying that car BT brings about the same BT issues as the headsets? Should they rename that sticky to Headset & Car BT issues?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ca...e-well-267206/
    Or is there another sticky that addresses BT headset + Tour issues and I missed it? If I missed it, please post the link.

@ blackngray70: Thank you - that helps. I'm curious though, because her H700 worked loud and clear with her 8330, but it's SO quiet with the Tour. She's even on her second Tour (separate issue), and had the same BT problem with both Tours.
    08-02-09 05:34 PM
    Maybe it's a problem with the H700.

Does she know anyone with a H700 that she could test?

08-02-09 05:44 PM
    Good idea. My husband has a H710 that I'm going to pair with my Tour and see how it does. If it works well, I'll test it with her Tour. Thanks for the tip!

08-02-09 05:53 PM
    I have an H710 and an Infiniti 2007 G35x, and both bluetooth call quality are terrible. I don't have a problem hearing them, but they have a problem hearing me. The H710 is worse than my car though, but both I would attribute to the BT/Tour issue which has yet to be addressed. I read some people having success with the Tour Hybrid OS, but I've had nothing but issues with playing around with that software. Use at your own risk. I am hoping this is addressed with the 5.0 update.
    08-02-09 07:20 PM
    Thanks.. I was hoping it was just an OS issue, then she won't have to buy a new BT. She has the same issue, she can hear them fine, they can't hear her. I have to turn my volume up all the way and even then it sounds like she's 10 feet away.
    Thanks for the replies.

08-02-09 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD