Long story short. I cant stand the oem black trackball issues so i switched it with a 8830/8330 trackball and dyed it blue. I think im the first to mod it? lol simple yet effective mod. I also took out a small strip of foam tape that sits ontop of the keyboard. what do u guys think?
    07-23-09 04:57 PM
    It's not my cup of tea but as long as you are happy with thats all that matters. I like the blacked out theme myself.(I'm impatiently waiting for a black chrome bezel to get rid of this ugly silver)
    07-23-09 05:03 PM
    It's not my cup of tea but as long as you are happy with thats all that matters. I like the blacked out theme myself.(I'm impatiently waiting for a black chrome bezel to get rid of this ugly silver)
    You talking about the one like verizons or darker? cnn.cn has the verizon bezels for sale
    07-23-09 05:04 PM
    well my curve is all black but i didnt have any black dye at work, otherwise it would have been black like the oem one just without all the issues. Ill dye a black one tomorrow.
    Last edited by syer1; 07-23-09 at 05:10 PM.
    07-23-09 05:07 PM
    GOD THAT IS SO UGLY. too much free time on your hands?
    07-23-09 05:08 PM
    Don't like it. Sorry.
    07-23-09 05:10 PM
    Takes like 10mins lol plenty of time
    07-23-09 05:10 PM
    yes im a tech and its SLOW at work. foud some blue dye and grabbed a trackball and that was the end result. It was white this morning when i got to work. it will be back to black either later when i get home or tomorrow am. Also if u guys notice the gap on the green and red buttons, that is because of a lill bit of foam that goes inbetween the screen and that black piece of plastic strip over the keyboard. took it out and now it looks better.
    07-23-09 05:13 PM
    WOW, your first post ever is critical....nice!
    07-23-09 05:14 PM

didnt read ur username before i responded. I should have known better. Get back to work!
    07-23-09 05:14 PM
    I think it looks good. Nice job!
    07-23-09 05:17 PM
    Did you have to take anything out to get that to fit or was it just straight switch
    07-23-09 05:19 PM
    im open to suggestions..any colors u guys wanna see?
    07-23-09 05:19 PM
    Did you have to take anything out to get that to fit or was it just straight switch
    the only diff. between the tour trackball and curve is the texture. I think thats why so many people are having issues. My girls tour did not scroll "up" right out of the box.
    curve trackball snaps right in. "like a gloooooove"
    07-23-09 05:21 PM
    Take some screen shots and post the process of taking apart your device to replace the trackball if you can.....please
    07-23-09 05:22 PM
    Take some screen shots and post the process of taking apart your device to replace the trackball if you can.....please
    There's a vid of the tour being taken apart.
    07-23-09 05:23 PM
    Long story short. I cant stand the oem black trackball issues so i switched it with a 8830/8330 trackball and dyed it blue. I think im the first to mod it? lol simple yet effective mod. I also took out a small strip of foam tape that sits ontop of the keyboard. what do u guys think?
    I don't know why no one likes it! I love it so much! then again I mod all my stuff to no end. I like my phone to look like no one else's (: haha my phone now has pink, green and yellow paint all over it (my voyager, not my tour, dont worry).

But personally, I love that and I want to do it to my tour which i get TOMORROW (:
    HEHEHEHEHEEH (: (: (: (: (( (: (: (: (: (: (:

i'm not that excited.
    07-23-09 05:23 PM
    the only diff. between the tour trackball and curve is the texture. I think thats why so many people are having issues. My girls tour did not scroll "up" right out of the box.
    curve trackball snaps right in. "like a gloooooove"
    Cool i'll probably get a curve 8900 trackball then if i don't replace the phone if it has issues. I heard those are really smooth
    07-23-09 05:24 PM
    that's awkward how my smiley's turned into frownies
    i did take pics last night as i was taking things apart. Ill post a tutorial sometime tonight. its really not that hard at all.
    im open to suggestions..any colors u guys wanna see?
    well i was wondering while you opened it up did you notice where the LED is/ is it sharpieable? hahaa
    07-23-09 05:26 PM
    if i remember correctly there is one on the left and right side of the trackball.
    07-23-09 05:28 PM
    is your supervisor supervising you? how do you have so much time to post on forums? I'm gonna have HR fire you! now come dye my trackball pink.
    07-23-09 05:36 PM
    i want a pink trackball...thats right...i said PINK
    07-23-09 05:42 PM
    Personally, not feeling it... but whatever floats your boat and doesn't sink your ship!
    07-23-09 05:45 PM
100 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD