I have a Blackberry Tour 9630 that keeps rebooting (not from the battery moving off the contacts). It will try to power up red LED with the hourglass on the screen and then a white/gray screen will pop up for about a second then it starts over again and again. I can not connect to the Blackberry Desktop so I can not reinstall the OS and I can not connect in safe mode.

Any help please

Thanks in advance

Bob
    08-21-12 08:10 AM
    You've identified and ruled out one common cause of the problem you describe. Another common cause is a weak battery. A battery that's at the end of it's useful life will sometime produce enough voltage with the device off to allow it to start to turn on, but when the device begins to power up, the weak battery cannot produce enough current, the voltage drops, and the device shuts off. When the battery recovers, the cycle repeats. Try a fresh battery and see if that solves the problem.

If there is a hardware failure with your 9630, it likely isn't worth repairing. A Bold 9930 would be a great replacement.
    08-21-12 08:43 PM
    If you are in the US, PM me and i have a spare battery that still works for your phone. Its an OEM BlackBerry battery. Of course it would be free.
    08-22-12 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD