Nice, but not for me. The "silver lining" is what separates the Tour from the toy-looking curve 8530, IMHO. Again, neat build; better looking than the whiteout Tours I've seen.
    01-14-10 04:34 AM
    the matte black looks sweet ive had my blacked out tour for a few months now, but whiting it out as soon as my freakin housing comes in!
    01-15-10 10:49 AM
    Tony turbo, thats exactly what mine looks like at the moment. The unbranded bottom piece really sets it off. I did have a red trackball, but honestly I like the blacked out look better. I'm going to take it a step further soon as I have an extra top button piece so hopefully I can matte that and I'm not sure how I'm gonna get the keyboard separations black as they are part of the keyboard itself but I'll figure something out. Then I gotta matte the side keys, but that might prove to be difficult.

My buddy has a sprint tour with the titanium bezel and the murdered out looks WAYY better, but of course I can't be satisfied until the only thing thats not black is the letters/numbers on the keyboard!

To the people asking how difficult it is to take apart. It really isn't THAT hard but there are 2 parts that were particularly difficult for me. 1) Moving the top button connections from one bezel to the other: The standby key lost its plastic piece and I would've glued it back but honestly I never use that key, just thank God my lock button is 100%. 2) The foam piece around the earhole: About 1/3 of mine came apart but fortunately it doesn't affect anything at all. It was just kind of a bummer to see it fall apart and have no replacement.

Besides that I stripped a screw pretty badly but thats a very cheap fix. I just wish they sold a murked out keyboard, side keys, and top panel but it looks like I'm gonna have to get custom
    Last edited by Supermanwoot; 01-29-10 at 02:06 PM.
    01-29-10 02:00 PM
    Pretty awesome nice job
    01-29-10 02:10 PM
    I'd love this for my phone but I'm not taking it apart lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 06:33 PM
    there are videos posted on the sites where you buy the parts from that show complete disassembly and reassembly. i just followed those step by step and it was a peice of cake. the hardest part was that one little part at the top that has blackberry written on it. take your time and be careful when popping that part off so you don't break it. the plastic wedge tools will help. other than that it was very easy. make sure to also order the T6 tool also if you dont already have one in a screwdriver set.
    hey, i saw a video where guy uses the tweezer to pull apart key board i think..is tweezer necessary?
    01-30-10 03:35 PM
    heres a video, should answer your question:

im having problems viewing video at 1:54 mark. They make it look sooo easy but i know it can't be
    01-30-10 03:52 PM
    Here's 2 pics of my Sprint Tour with the Matte Black bezel and blank bottom plate. Also using the Verizon rubberized back.

Where'd you pick up the matte black bezel? Is it painted or actual matte black plastic?
    01-31-10 04:45 PM
    01-31-10 09:19 PM
    May I ask where you bought the housing from? I love the look of it blacked out.
    03-18-10 11:59 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD