Ok my tour went out yesterday while i was washing dishes, powered up fine but none of the buttons were functional. After searching the web I fine that this is a common problem and there is no real answer so i came up with the best possible on and here it is.......MOST IMPORTANT:TAKE THE BATTERY OUT IMMEDIATELY. if the phone stays on it will cause serious damage to the circuit board.
    1st (optional).......leave the phone in rice for appx. 1hr (takes some moisture out of the phone)
    2nd.........disassemble the phone using a torx screwdriver T-5 or T-6 ( the instructions are on youtube its easy but BE VERY CAREFUL AND CAUSIOUS)
    3rd (important) .........take a q-tip with just a touch of alcohol (just so the cotton is slighly moist) and wipe down everything (theres alot of buildup of dirt on the board and other circuits most important the brown interface band at the bottom left hand side of the back of the phone when this piece is wet or serverely dirty it causes the resistance in ohms to raise and then .....no buttons)
    4th......reassemble phone very carefully and test (remember if the phone doesnt power up or has additional problems go back and start over theres something missing
    01-06-11 03:10 PM
    Seal it in a tupperware container of rice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 05:08 PM
    Seal it in a tupperware container of rice for 48 hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 05:08 PM
    Rice is good for 24hrs... Silica Packets are really good too...
    01-06-11 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD