Hi

I am supporting a Verizon wireless customer who is having an issue with his Blackberry Tour. He says that before reading any email messages they are showing up as READ in his yahoo mail account while showing up UNREAD on his blackberry. Is this a normal effect of the BIS server pulling the emails out of yahoo or is there something else going on?

Thanks.
    09-15-09 06:41 PM
    Any Ideas?
    09-15-09 06:57 PM
    Hi

I am supporting a Verizon wireless customer who is having an issue with his Blackberry Tour. He says that before reading any email messages they are showing up as READ in his yahoo mail account while showing up UNREAD on his blackberry. Is this a normal effect of the BIS server pulling the emails out of yahoo or is there something else going on?

Thanks.
    That is not normal. They should not show up as read until they are opened on the Blackberry. That's the way mine works anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 07:35 PM
    Any new ideas on what could be wrong?
    09-16-09 05:48 PM
    I have the same problem. My yahoo account shows read when I have never opened them on my BB. Also, I can't delete them from my BB when I select the option to do so. Would like to fix this.
    09-16-09 07:46 PM
    Any new ideas on what could be wrong?
    Sorry, I don't have any thoughts, other than that you might try deleting the account and then re-adding it.

You might want to ask this question in the Blackberry general forum as someone may have come across the issue there.

Indeed, take a look at this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/all...09/index2.html
    09-16-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD