coughOnyxcough
    06-17-09 01:27 PM
    wooo wooo wooo...

Lets correct a few things. The bold runs at 624Mhz with 128 of flash, the Tour runs at 528Mhz with 256 of flash. A device that runs faster then the Bold has not been released yet, and is still in pre-production.
    Yea, I never knew of the Bold running at 800mhz either but.....
    06-17-09 01:35 PM
    wooo wooo wooo...

Lets correct a few things. The bold runs at 624Mhz with 128 of flash, the Tour runs at 528Mhz with 256 of flash. A device that runs faster then the Bold has not been released yet, and is still in pre-production.
    Ahhh, my bad. I wonder where I got that 800 number from them?

For some reason I thought the Storm was 624 but I guess I was looking one step up.
    06-17-09 01:41 PM
    Tour = 528Mhz Qualcomm processor
    I think the Pearl was 225Mhz but wikipedia says otherwise

From Wikipedia:
    Early BlackBerry devices used Intel-80386-based processors.

The latest BlackBerry 9000 series is equipped with Intel XScale 624MHz CPU,which makes it the fastest BlackBerry to date. Earlier BlackBerry 8000 series smartphones, such as the 8700 and the Pearl, are based on the 312MHz ARM XScale ARMv5TE PXA900.

An exception to this is the BlackBerry 8707 which is based on the 80MHz Qualcomm 3250 chipset, this was due to the ARM XScale ARMv5TE PXA900 chipset not supporting 3G networks. The 80MHz Processor in the BlackBerry 8707 actually meant the device was often slower to download and render web pages over 3G than the 8700 was over EDGE networks.
    06-17-09 01:41 PM
    Samsung Jet has 800Mhz processor
    06-17-09 01:48 PM
    as CX has stated many many times, specs don't do justice. He says the Tours processor is the fastest BB to date, even though the tour might have 800mhz, he says the Tour is still faster
    I remember CX saying that the Bold had the fastest processor, even faster than the Tour. I've heard him say that many times. Now he did say that the Tour is snappy...just that the Bold is snappier.
    06-17-09 02:12 PM
    Ahhh, my bad. I wonder where I got that 800 number from them?

For some reason I thought the Storm was 624 but I guess I was looking one step up.

a few blogs listed the storm at 624 but it wasn't..
    06-17-09 02:50 PM
    It seems I remember hearing that the bold has the fastest processor among all smart phones although this might have changed since hearing that.
    06-17-09 02:51 PM
    The Bold has the fasted processor at 624MHz. The Tour has a 528MHz. They are close in speed, but the Bold is still faster.
    06-17-09 02:57 PM
    Also, watch the slick advertising as Sprint states, 'As the fastest Sprint Blackberry ever, the Blackberry Tour 9630 smartphone offers...'.

Those who get too excited and read too fast may miss the fact that it is the fastest bb Sprint has ever had, but not the fastest ever built.
    06-17-09 03:02 PM
    Three pages in this thread, yet no one has addressed the OP's question. Is there, or is there not DUAL processors?
    06-17-09 03:02 PM
    Three pages in this thread, yet no one has addressed the OP's question. Is there, or is there not DUAL processors?
    Yes, it does have dual processors, just like the Storm. It is a QualComm MSM7600 chipset.

:: DatasheetPro :: Download MSM7600 datasheet PDF download :: QUALCOMM Incorporated :: MSM7600 Chipset Solution

The QUALCOMM� Convergence Platform makes it possible to incorporate the fastest, most in-demand consumer electronic
    features into new wireless devices. With dual processors on a single chipset, the Convergence Platform is a
    breakthrough that not only promises major expansion for traditional wireless companies, but also opens the door for the
    entire wireless industry to create a new generation of hardware, software and services.
    One question I have is that everyone keeps quoting 528 MHz as the processor speed, but on this datasheet it lists a 400 MHz ARM11 applications processor and a 274 MHz ARM9 microprocessor. Can anyone explain this?
    06-17-09 03:18 PM
    Yes, it does have dual processors, just like the Storm. It is a QualComm MSM7600 chipset.

:: DatasheetPro :: Download MSM7600 datasheet PDF download :: QUALCOMM Incorporated :: MSM7600 Chipset Solution

One question I have is that everyone keeps quoting 528 MHz as the processor speed, but on this datasheet it lists a 400 MHz ARM11 applications processor and a 274 MHz ARM9 microprocessor. Can anyone explain this?
    It's possible they cranked up the clock speed a bit.

Speaking of, let's try not to get caught up in the hype of clock speeds. They don't tell the full story of processing power. It's like bragging about a high redline in a car, sure it can spin up to 8000RPMs, but what does it do with those revs?
    06-17-09 03:32 PM
    so if we split up the MHz to how much is devoted to powering the os and apps which phone has more the tour of bold???
    06-17-09 03:44 PM
    Bold's processor is a 624 MHz Intel PXA270, Tour's processor will likely be a Qualcomm MSM series like in the Storm at 528 MHz or higher. Apples and oranges comparison. It's like comparing an AMD and Intel PC processor of the same MHz. One is always going to be faster cause it is architected better. I would think the Qualcomm at same speed would be faster in this case because the processor is more integrated into the Chipset and the radio (single provider solution), where the Intel ones are designed to work with a greater variety radios and devices.

The CDMA curves and 88xx use a processor with a lower MHz rating than the GSM counterparts, but I haven't seen anything stating or proving they are slower in their functionality. GSM uses the Intel, CMDA uses the Qualcomm.

Only when we have both out will we know for sure. And we can't use the Storm as a guage cause it has a lot of differences compared to the Tour.
    06-17-09 03:46 PM
    It's like bragging about a high redline in a car, sure it can spin up to 8000RPMs, but what does it do with those revs?
    Burns rubber and beats other, slower cars... J/k
    06-17-09 03:53 PM
    It's been mentioned in fragments- the Tour and the Storm have the same processor. I checked with CX as I also thought it was the first dual-core. Not so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 04:04 PM
    Bold's processor is a 624 MHz Intel PXA270, Tour's processor will likely be a Qualcomm MSM series like in the Storm at 528 MHz or higher. Apples and oranges comparison. It's like comparing an AMD and Intel PC processor of the same MHz. One is always going to be faster cause it is architected better. I would think the Qualcomm at same speed would be faster in this case because the processor is more integrated into the Chipset and the radio (single provider solution), where the Intel ones are designed to work with a greater variety radios and devices.

The CDMA curves and 88xx use a processor with a lower MHz rating than the GSM counterparts, but I haven't seen anything stating or proving they are slower in their functionality. GSM uses the Intel, CMDA uses the Qualcomm.

Only when we have both out will we know for sure. And we can't use the Storm as a guage cause it has a lot of differences compared to the Tour.
    good comparison with gsm 88xx and cdma 88xx I havent thought of it that way. I just want something, anything with a faster processor than my 8330 its about to kill me!
    06-17-09 04:05 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD