Hi,

I just purchased a Blackberry tour off someone locally on Craigslist. The tour was unopened with the seal sticker uncut. We opened it when i met him up to assure the bb tour was still in there along with accessories..

My question is .. the box does not have a green dot on it, should i worry about the trackball? I purchased this for a xmas gift for my girlfriend. I wont see her or activate it for another 2 weeks.

The phone is made in mexico and according to the box label it has OS 4.7.1.61 already installed. I read that this is the latest version (besides 5.0) released by Verizon. And based from what I found (via Google search) this OS version was released in november? If thats the case, Should I still worry about the trackball issue?
    12-13-09 05:58 PM
    On the label, near where it says where it was made, is the date of manufacture - dd/mm/yy, - not standard US dating.
    12-13-09 07:30 PM
    I think you're safe. If it has the latest official OS on it then it had to be flashed no more than a month ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 07:33 PM
    Should be fine, but you never can tell. Hope she likes it and it works for her.
    12-13-09 07:36 PM
    On the label, near where it says where it was made, is the date of manufacture - dd/mm/yy, - not standard US dating.
    The date says "061109" That's the number above where it's made.

The person i bought it off from says they got it for free from Verizon when they had a "buy one blackberry get one free special" that special sounds recent, but i dont remember exactly how long ago.
    12-13-09 07:43 PM
    Nov 6 - new device. Good luck and hope she likes it.
    12-13-09 09:01 PM
    Awesome, thanks god! i picked this up for $250 brand new. im quite pleased haha
    12-13-09 09:45 PM
    Awesome, thanks god! i picked this up for $250 brand new. im quite pleased haha
    This is the reason the ETF is now $350.

12-13-09 09:50 PM
    This is the reason the ETF is now $350.

If he added a line to get the special and then canceled after a month, then yes, but not if he just had 2 upgrades and decided to sell the free berry.
    12-13-09 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD