Also a random question, I'm a pearl owner so I don't know this, is pressing the top button the only way to lock the phone, or can you hold the SYM key to lock it also?
    07-11-09 02:33 AM
    Did you test out how the speakers sounded?
    07-11-09 03:01 AM
    Also a random question, I'm a pearl owner so I don't know this, is pressing the top button the only way to lock the phone, or can you hold the SYM key to lock it also?
    Top left button is the Keylock. But, pressing any key or moving the trackball will make the screen come on, but not allow you to do anything. This is fine, but if its in your pocket, the screen will probably stay on as the trackball will keep being moved around.

The top right button however, is the mute/sleep key. Holding down this button will put the phone to sleep. The only button that will put the screen on is the escape key and the mute key. The only thing that will unlock it is by pressing the mute key again. This will be what I use. When it puts the phone to sleep, from my understanding, nothing is on, except for the radios, so you will still be able to get messages and calls, while saving power.
    07-11-09 03:21 AM
    Getting something a day and a half earlier than anybody else is nothing to be jealous of. I'd also like to know how you take asking why irie was ignoring a simple question as being agressive lol. I can't see the picture that well because I'm on my bb but it looks like irie posted the serial number of the phone in one picture so I wouldn't think being discreet is something very important. It was a simple question, no need to think of it as being anything other than curiosity.
    No serial number posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 06:38 AM
    Why would someone posting pictures make me happy? Now that is the dumbest thing I've heard in awhile. I could care less that he/she got their phone early, good for them but if they want to protect someone and/or themselves maybe they shouldn't be posting on forum filled with tech savvy people as I'm quite sure it would be very easy to find out where the phone came from if you knew what you're doing so instead of being gracious enough to let people see their lovely day and a half early tour they should just enjoy it and leave it between them and their connection. Oh and maybe you should try reading with comprehension and not get so pissy and try to take something to the next level as it was just a simple question that I don't recal asking you to begin with
    People post on here all the time without disclosing sources. Do you see the person who leak beta OS saying "I got this from Joe at RIM?" No. They post the file and that's the end of it. How would someone find out where the phone is from? There is no way you can figure this out by looking at the pics I posted.

07-11-09 06:46 AM
    Why are you so worried with this why not just say none of your business and be done with it
    Also can you get a picture of the Verizon zen ?

07-11-09 06:57 AM
    thanks for the review
    07-11-09 07:15 AM
    I especially like your comments about the excellent call quality! Some people tend to forget that the 9630 is.....well.....a phone too! lol
    07-11-09 07:16 AM
    Why are you so worried with this why not just say none of your business and be done with it
    Also can you get a picture of the Verizon zen ?

Will try and post that in a few. To be honest there isn't much of a difference between them. The only difference I see is that the verizon one comes with a vzw wallpaper. Now the walpaper can be changed so they are identical.

07-11-09 07:17 AM
    Thanks for all the info have
    Fun with it

07-11-09 08:31 AM
    Thanks for the pics and info. Even though it's out tomorrow, some of us are still waiting to go to the store
    07-11-09 09:18 AM
    07-11-09 10:14 AM
    07-11-09 10:19 AM
    is your battery door loose or move at all?
    07-11-09 10:21 AM
    Just got mine too! Ecko, you always beat me...well.....2nd! lol
    07-11-09 10:27 AM
    Slight bit of play, it seems between the locking hinge, in the up-down motion and no play in the left-right motion...both at negligible.
    very slightly loose on mine.
    I hope the sound quality with headphones on is better than my 8330.
    07-11-09 10:45 AM
    Case included!

07-11-09 10:57 AM
    Is everybody's platform build at .40?
    07-11-09 11:02 AM
    07-11-09 11:05 AM
    Cant wait to get this!! i love the included case as well!
    07-11-09 11:08 AM
    07-11-09 11:09 AM
    Is everybody's platform build at .40?
    Mine is .40 build, the others I know that have them are that as well...
    07-11-09 02:51 PM
    Nice , happy to see that initial impressions are positive so far.. as the mem issue.. there is a slight mem leak but nothing major and it comes more from user installed apps then the OS..
    07-11-09 03:22 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD