Hello guys, I was just wondering do you guys think they will stop selling the Tour at verizon after the Strom 2 comes out? Also will the tour be getting 5.0?
    10-26-09 05:31 PM
    no, and yes.

The Tour is a huge seller. And it's capable of 5.0 so it'll get it... eventually.
    10-26-09 05:34 PM
    Hello guys, I was just wondering do you guys think they will stop selling the Tour at verizon after the Strom 2 comes out? Also will the tour be getting 5.0?
    Verizon will not stop selling the Tour... It's still a very new phone. The Tour will be getting an official release of 5.0, leaks and betas are available right now.
    10-26-09 05:35 PM
    No they won't stop selling it. It just came out!

And, look down the page and use the search function to find out more info on 5.0 and its release date. It has been discussed here everyday for months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 05:36 PM
    It will be a long time before verizon stops selling the Tour. The Tour is a HUGE seller.

the storm 2 is the same thing as the Tour but with wifi, only difference is ones a touch screen. Its either you want a touch screen, or you dont.
    10-26-09 05:44 PM
    A touchscreen only phone isn't positioned to replace a qwerty phone...
    10-26-09 05:48 PM
    there are some who simply will only do with a physical keyboard (like I).
    10-26-09 05:53 PM
    The Tour is already being discontinued because the vastly superior Tour 2 is coming out in a few months. Already approved and spotted in public testing.
    10-26-09 05:54 PM
    The Tour is already being discontinued because the vastly superior Tour 2 is coming out in a few months. Already approved and spotted in public testing.
    what your talking about is the Blackberry Essex. That will come out sometime next summer in 2010. Its always a year after a phone comes out that another one will replace it. Just like in 2011, another Blackberry will replace the Essex... its just how it is
    10-26-09 06:01 PM
    Look at the curve you can still buy a 8330 and how long has that been out?

10-26-09 06:10 PM
    Curve, Flip, Storm, Tour and Storm2 will be VZW current active BB's for a while.. Non of them are going any where.

8830 will be gone soon, and Pearl is already gone. But I do see the Storm staying for another year or so....
    10-26-09 06:15 PM
    Even when the Essex comes out the Tour will still be on the market.
    10-26-09 07:20 PM
    I don't have any idea about verizon. I know that I have a Sprint Tour, I have had less than 30 days. Have some issues with it. Bought it at Best Buy. Went to exchange yesterday, the store is out and said they were not able to reorder because something is coming to take it's place. Didn't tell me when, jst that I am basically S.O.L. They called the next closest store and they had one Tour left last night, gone today. I was told they are clearing the stock of the Sprint Tour for the replacemnet.
    10-26-09 07:32 PM
    I don't have any idea about verizon. I know that I have a Sprint Tour, I have had less than 30 days. Have some issues with it. Bought it at Best Buy. Went to exchange yesterday, the store is out and said they were not able to reorder because something is coming to take it's place. Didn't tell me when, jst that I am basically S.O.L. They called the next closest store and they had one Tour left last night, gone today. I was told they are clearing the stock of the Sprint Tour for the replacemnet.
    lol dont believe everything you hear....
    10-26-09 08:37 PM
    Correct. MASSIVE return numbers on the Tour because of defective hardware. The Tour will survive for a while only because of the huge amount of refurbs that are in the system.
    10-26-09 08:39 PM
    where did you hear about the massive return numbers?
    10-26-09 08:45 PM
    Correct. MASSIVE return numbers on the Tour because of defective hardware. The Tour will survive for a while only because of the huge amount of refurbs that are in the system.
    whats with all the BS going around in this thread?? Tour had no where near the amount of returns as the storm did and still does. They are not getting rid of Tours anytime soon as there a huge seller for verizon and a very good reliable Blackberry
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 10-26-09 at 08:49 PM. Reason: spelling error
    10-26-09 08:46 PM
    they will definatley not stop selling the tour. this girl i know was just at verizon today and bought a Curve and that is like two years old. the tour will be around until the tour 2 comes out and who knows maybe even after that
    10-26-09 08:53 PM
    whats with all the BS going around in this thread?? Tour had no where near the amount of returns as the storm did and still does. They are not getting rid of Tours anytime soon as there a huge seller for verizon and a very good reliable Blackberry
    That may be. I am talking about Sprint though and more specifically, Best Buy. I have spoken with the two closest stores to me and both say the same. Depleting the stock, no reorder. I don't know what the Verizon branded one costs at Best Buy but do know they dropped the Sprint model to $99.00 last week, from $199.00. Guess that helped move them off the shelves.
    10-26-09 09:12 PM
    Try doing a little more reading. I'm with Sprint who doesn't offer the Storm. LOL
    10-26-09 09:33 PM
    From what I have read the early release issues were fixed in the later builds of the tour so I expect the return numbers have fallen a great deal. With that said they can not be anywhere near as bad as the storm. I just moved from a storm to a tour and so far I am very pleased. I can not tell you how much I missed the keyboard. The storm was a nice phone but in my opinion was released a bit early.

The tour also replaced the 8830 which was very popular phone for business users.
    10-26-09 09:42 PM
    If what is being said here is correct and sprint reps aren't pulling legs, the only thing that is coming up is the 8530. Let's hope Sprint isn't going to replace the Tour with the 8530. I'm sure its a great device, but isn't in the same league as the Tour.

10-27-09 02:20 AM
    Nah the Tour will be around for awhile still even after the "Essex" comes out. Look at some of the okder BB's Sprint still sells.
    10-27-09 05:03 AM
    im sure some people will prefer the keyboard over touch screen, ie: me lol
    10-27-09 05:14 AM
    Neither a Storm2 or a Curve2 would replace a Tour. And the Tour is nowhere near going on closeout.

10-27-09 06:06 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD