I currently have the BB Storm, but i'm ready to upgrade.
    Without money being a factor,
    I can't decide on the Tour or getting a HTC touch pro 2.
    I was wondering if I can get some insight from everyone.
    Pros/cons? anything about these 2 phones

thanks!
    09-25-09 11:37 AM
    09-25-09 11:43 AM
    Well what features in your current blackberry do you use the most?

Things like BBM obviously aren't going to be available with the TP2.

My advice would be to wait in to october and see what other people think of WinMo 6.5. I'd say the majority of the problems people have with the TP2 are software related, not hardware.

I'm considering picking up a TP2 just because it's very aesthetically pleasing to me. I have a tour and a storm though. I love my tour very much and my storm almost as much. :]

I hope that this helped somewhat. Feel free to ask some more questions and I'll do what I can to answer them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 11:47 AM
    Get the tour and wait for the tp3 and winmo 7.

09-25-09 11:50 AM
    I think that thread is about the original Touch Pro and the OP is asking about the TP2.

09-25-09 11:51 AM
    I definitely don't need a hardcore business phone.
    I'm just hesitant to go back to a touch phone due to software issues, but I'm hearing the HTC touch pro 2 is a better touch screen phone
    09-25-09 12:54 PM
    Blackberry Tour all the way. I bet the Tour can do everything the HTC can.
    09-25-09 12:56 PM
    I think that thread is about the original Touch Pro and the OP is asking about the TP2.

Yup, you're right.
    09-25-09 12:58 PM
    My wife and I just got the BB tour coming from the HTC TP. There is no comparison. The BB is far easier to use and to be honest the whole touch screen thing is kind of a pain in the %$# most of the time. Making ghost phone calls and the like. Go for the Tour you won't regret it, I know we don't!
    09-25-09 01:29 PM
    Tp2 is a pretty awesome phone. I read somewhere that it has the same guts as a tp1, but holy crap I don't know how htc did it but my friend's tp2 runs like a champ. Its not bulky for its size, but it does feel extremely heavy for something so small. The screen is awesome but I don't like winmo interface, makes it feel like a computer than a mobile phone. Though I hear sbp 3.0 does wonders.

09-25-09 01:40 PM
    asking about which phone to get in a tour forum is goin to get pretty biased answers
    we all have tours so i naturally would say to get a tour because i have experience with the tour and love it.
    09-25-09 02:08 PM
    I was in the same shoes. Had a Storm - unlike money WAS an issue, although not the primary one. Primary one was a device that worked.

Touch screen was nice, keboard was a must.

TP2 or Tour. Tour or TP2???? Bottom line - I coundn't decide. Then Sprint decided for me.

Long story short - my Storm was a $10 add-on to a Family Share plan. Between what texting, insurance, and Data was costing - I ended up at about $62/month Also - because of the number of lines we had (6), my son was paying $45 for a seperate line. If I ported to Sprint, his phone would drop $35/month.

Sprint comes up with the $69 plan for 450 Minutes to landlines (Oh yeah - hardly ever used it as a "phone", I was shocked that it could do that also), with unlimited data, nav, NFL whatever thhey have.

Bottom line (before my corporate discounts) is that we would save about $25/month.

Then - price became an issue - especially when the TP2 was $350 (after rebates), and the Tour (at Best Buy) was $99. The TP2 was nice - but not $250 nicer than the Tour.

Had the Tour for like 2 or 3 weeks - and I'm a happy camper.
    09-25-09 02:13 PM
    sprint is offering me a TP2 as an exchange for the tour since i exchanged the tour 5 times...i love the tour but i am already bored with it and the screen is small.. i am a windows mobile guy at heart and i think i will be going back.. i came from the tp to the tour.. imo the tour is a great email machine, texting, and IM'ing.. i will probably buy a tour off of ebay to have as a back up phone.. but windows mobile does a lot more that blackberries...

phones i've had
    HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> BLACKBERRY TOUR!
    Last edited by badboy8813; 09-25-09 at 02:31 PM.
    09-25-09 02:24 PM
    Go with the BB Tour. I had a Touch Pro and yes the touch screen is sweet, the TP2 has a better res sreen than the TP but they both have the same processor and internals.
    1)...Battery life sucks-get usd to having either extra battery or charger with you if you use it moderate to heavy on aa daily basis.
    2) Speaker sound and volume stinks even with programs like AudioPara or BadBoy Full version installed.
    09-27-09 02:41 AM
    BB Tour gets my vote! You came to a bias place, so let me be bias.
    09-27-09 07:05 AM

phones i've had
    HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> BLACKBERRY TOUR!

What are you getting after the TP2?
    09-27-09 10:22 AM
    I was in the same shoes. Had a Storm - unlike money WAS an issue, although not the primary one. Primary one was a device that worked.

Touch screen was nice, keboard was a must.

TP2 or Tour. Tour or TP2???? Bottom line - I coundn't decide. Then Sprint decided for me.

Long story short - my Storm was a $10 add-on to a Family Share plan. Between what texting, insurance, and Data was costing - I ended up at about $62/month Also - because of the number of lines we had (6), my son was paying $45 for a seperate line. If I ported to Sprint, his phone would drop $35/month.

Sprint comes up with the $69 plan for 450 Minutes to landlines (Oh yeah - hardly ever used it as a "phone", I was shocked that it could do that also), with unlimited data, nav, NFL whatever thhey have.

Bottom line (before my corporate discounts) is that we would save about $25/month.

Then - price became an issue - especially when the TP2 was $350 (after rebates), and the Tour (at Best Buy) was $99. The TP2 was nice - but not $250 nicer than the Tour.

Had the Tour for like 2 or 3 weeks - and I'm a happy camper.
    On an offnote, you might want to change the phone you have in your profile from "Tout" to "Tour" just sayin'. ;]
    09-27-09 11:37 AM
    Blackberry Tour all the way. I bet the Tour can do everything the HTC can.
    Not true, TP2 offers the best screen resolution on any device, best keyboard on any device, flash player, caller id through BT, (call from jane doe) or (call from 5551212) all media through blue tooth, all system alerts through bt. It reads your tect through BT. It reads your email headers through BT. this phone is sick in every way, it is not a TP1, it is much improved, and its only going to get better w win 6.5 update coming in Oct. So dont Come to a BB forum asking what should i get, the obvious answer is a BB. I have owned almost every BB phone for the Past 7 yrs, The disater they released called the Storm was enough for me to see what else is out there and available, Oh also i have no issues getting any emails, Gmail, hotmail, yahoo, all flawless, as hotmail and gmail are pushed just like the BB. so if you want to continue beta testing and battery pulls and the card board behind battery door for better typing, then yes stick w BB.
    09-27-09 12:04 PM
    Not true, TP2 offers the best screen resolution on any device, best keyboard on any device, flash player, caller id through BT, (call from jane doe) or (call from 5551212) all media through blue tooth, all system alerts through bt. It reads your tect through BT. It reads your email headers through BT. this phone is sick in every way, it is not a TP1, it is much improved, and its only going to get better w win 6.5 update coming in Oct. So dont Come to a BB forum asking what should i get, the obvious answer is a BB. I have owned almost every BB phone for the Past 7 yrs, The disater they released called the Storm was enough for me to see what else is out there and available, Oh also i have no issues getting any emails, Gmail, hotmail, yahoo, all flawless, as hotmail and gmail are pushed just like the BB. so if you want to continue beta testing and battery pulls and the card board behind battery door for better typing, then yes stick w BB.
    Sorry, there is NO flash player available. And why are you trolling BB boards if you're a WiMo fan?
    09-27-09 05:42 PM
    i got the phone 3 days ago i absolutly love it easy to txt better then touch screens get one you wnt regret it
    09-28-09 11:49 AM
    Not that Im hating, but Windows based phones have put such a bad taste in my mouth. I have given them legit tries before only to be disappointed, then scramble back to my Berry...begging forgiveness...lol
    09-28-09 12:03 PM
    So that's cool. A Windows Mobile troll came to the BB Tour forum to try and prove the superiority of his current favorite device. The entertaining part was that right up until the line, "this phone is sick in everyway," he had stated two of his opinions as if they were fact, listed a "feature" that the TP2 doesn't actually have, and talked about everything that could be read through a bluetooth headset.

But that's not all folks! If you read the troll's post right now, you'll get not just those flaws in his argument but one more free of charge! He complains about the Storm. In a Tour forum. Yes.
    09-28-09 01:04 PM
    I got the TP on VZW and hated it. The OS and battery life where AWFUL. The Tour has been perfect. The Keyboard is awesome and everything works very well all the time. I'd wait to see how the TP2 is reviewed on Win Mo 6.5 before purchasing. Hopefully it is much better than 6.1. This phone might be better than the TP because I believe it has a lot more RAM and Processing power, which should help with the annoying lag. The TP2 might have the potential of doing more than the Tour, but it also has the potential to be annoying to use where the Tour is a SURE THING. Good luck with your purchase.
    09-28-09 01:22 PM
    I presently have both and so far I like the Tour better. The Tour has a MUCH better battery life (as you would expect since it has a 3.6" screen). I hate how the screen comes on after I end a call with bluetooth and, even in it case, starts doing random things. 3 dropped calls with TP2 today, but I was in a bad coverage area. And its also much heavier than the Tour. The touch screen is not as responsive as I'd like it to be. Pretty sure the TP2 is going back.
    09-28-09 05:34 PM
    So that's cool. A Windows Mobile troll came to the BB Tour forum to try and prove the superiority of his current favorite device. The entertaining part was that right up until the line, "this phone is sick in everyway," he had stated two of his opinions as if they were fact, listed a "feature" that the TP2 doesn't actually have, and talked about everything that could be read through a bluetooth headset.

But that's not all folks! If you read the troll's post right now, you'll get not just those flaws in his argument but one more free of charge! He complains about the Storm. In a Tour forum. Yes.
    LMAO you call me a troll, But the fact is that I have been on crackberry longer then you, Check my joined date NOOB. and yes it does have flash player, You dont have this device so try and research it before you make ignorant comments, TP2= FLASH, RESEARCH IT.
    09-28-09 10:57 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD