I switched from a storm to curve 8330 a week ago on Verizon because I got tired of people telling me that I sounded muffled or like I had a sock in my mouth. Does anyone know if the Tour is pretty much the same hardware as the Storm and will have just as bad call quality? I was watching a Youtube video on the Tour and noticed the signal indicator dropping from 4 bars to zero and back just like my Storm used to do. My Curve gets great reception and call quality and people tell me I sound clear now. Is it worth upgrading to the Tour?
    07-08-09 11:03 PM
    I, too, have had the same thing said to me and would like to know the answer.
    07-08-09 11:30 PM
    it seems as though all the reviews except phone arena said the call quality was great.
    07-08-09 11:34 PM
    it seems as though all the reviews except phone arena said the call quality was great.
    Ah, thanks. I'd only seen the Engadget one, which failed to mention it.
    07-09-09 12:09 AM
    Not to mention the guys here that have it already... say its great.
    07-09-09 02:29 AM
    One review I read (i don't recall which) said that it was the best call quality out of Verizon's entire lineup of phones. We'll know for sure in 4 days
    07-09-09 02:33 AM
    From all the reviews i have read, they all pretty much said that call quality is amazing on the Verizon Network...I have had 3 devices on the verizon network and they all had great call quality..Loud and clear..Im not going to worry about the call quality, Verizon normally does a superior job in this category and is the reason i wouldn't switch to any other US carrier..
    07-09-09 06:16 AM
    its far more to do with the phone than the network.. take four phones on any network and the call quality will be more different than to say, take a curve on four networks...

Part of the reason is that both consumers and developers are so enamoured with smartphone technology that the one basic thing that it should do to an outstanding degree, ie make calls, is often overlooked...

From all the reviews i have read, they all pretty much said that call quality is amazing on the Verizon Network...I have had 3 devices on the verizon network and they all had great call quality..Loud and clear..Im not going to worry about the call quality, Verizon normally does a superior job in this category and is the reason i wouldn't switch to any other US carrier..
    07-09-09 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD