hey guys. I was wondering whether or not I would be able to use a blackberry tour i have (got it free off a friend) with AT&T without a data plan. I know its kind of useless to have a BB without a data plan, but I just want to use this phone as a temporary phone for texting and calling. THANKS for the help!!
    08-13-11 10:57 PM
    I'm pretty sure if you use a BlackBerry, AT&T will add a data plan to your bill.

Sent from my OSBB 9650 using Tapatalk
    omar1325 likes this.
    08-13-11 10:59 PM
    But how would they know that im using a Verizon BB if the phone isnt even registered under AT&T. they wouldn't have the imei, would they??
    08-13-11 11:04 PM
    They would know, since they do IMEI sweeps.

From their wireless customer agreement:
    6.3 What Are The Voice And Data Plan Requirements?

A voice plan is required on all voice-capable Devices, unless specifically noted otherwise in the terms governing your plan.

An eligible tiered pricing data plan is required for certain Devices, including iPhones and other designated Smartphones. Eligible voice and tiered pricing data plans cover voice and data usage in the U.S. and do not cover International voice and data usage and charges. If it is determined that you are using a voice-capable Device without a voice plan, or that you are using an iPhone or designated Smartphone without an eligible voice and tiered data plan, AT&T reserves the right to switch you to the required plan or plans and bill you the appropriate monthly fees. In the case of the tiered data plan, you will be placed on the data plan which provides you with the greatest monthly data usage allowance. If you determine that you do not require that much data usage in a month, you may request a lower data tier at a lower monthly recurring fee.
    AT&T Wireless Customer Agreement - Wireless from AT&T
    omar1325 likes this.
    08-13-11 11:07 PM
    Lol, I was gonna say something like that. There ya go then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 11:07 PM
    Damn. Thanks for the help guys. Im just gonna wait out this contract and start fresh with another service provider.
    08-13-11 11:12 PM
    Just use an AT&T GoPhone SIM card and you'll be good to go
    08-13-11 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD