i just bought the 9630 sprint... and i have not unlock it yet and i have shipped the phone to my friend in asia.. im just worrying the phone only can be used cdma???

need help guys.. thanks....
    08-18-09 12:15 AM
    Easy...both!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 12:24 AM
    thanks.. i can sleep well now...
    08-18-09 12:29 AM
    My Sprint Tour came unlocked already! I popped in an ATT SIM card and it works perfectly.
    08-18-09 07:51 AM
    My Sprint Tour came unlocked already! I popped in an ATT SIM card and it works perfectly.
    SWEET! This is awesome. I am thinking of moving over to AT&T and did not know if I could use my Tour or not. Now I know. BUT, do I have to have it unlocked first? (How can you tell?)
    08-18-09 07:56 AM
    Yes, The Tour is both; however, in USA it will only get 3g data from CDMA networks. Out of the USA the Tour will have 3g GSM data. You will only get EDGE from AT&T not 3g.
    08-18-09 08:03 AM
    That's not very nice. Maybe I should ponder the idea some more, thanks! Anybody else have input?
    08-18-09 08:06 AM
    DBabskie is correct...however you may try and look into T-mobile and see if they offer 3g speeds with an unlocked Tour from Sprint.

I would also suggest that if your "friend" wanted a smartphone, why not just sell the Tour and give him/her the money to get one that:

1. Works with their company
    2. That they're going to be happy with

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 10:03 AM
    the tour will not operate at 3g speeds on "gsm" in north america.. it doesnt support that band of HSPA. it should howevver work at 3g speeds oversees assuming they have a HSPA network. some said their phones came unlocked and others have said that they were not unlocked.. if the phone is locked then your buddy is going to have to get an online service to unlock it for him or get you and him conferenced together and try to get sprint to unlock it for you.
    08-18-09 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD