Okay, everyone is well aware of the release of the blackberry 9630 Tour. I've already got mine in transit, should have it this week. I have read that it will be T-Mobile capable here in the US after unlocking the sim. My actual question though is... I have Sprint and T-Mobile. I have 2 numbers I absolutely cannot lose, 1 being personal, the other being business. Now is it possible (praying!!!) that I can unlock the sim card and possibly get both numbers to one phone? Having it activated on sprint, and then having my T-mobile card in the sim slot? I already have the Blackberry 8900 on T-mobile.. which is more less the same phone, but in my area (Kansas City) Sprint seems to be noticeably faster with data and I get better signal strength here in the city (Sprint World Campus is located here). None the less... carrying two phones friggin blows at times. I'm pretty sure the blackberry can handle 2 lines at once.. but not positive. Please help me cure my curiosity, and possible money spent on the unlock code.
    Last edited by KSW1; 07-19-09 at 03:34 AM.
    07-19-09 03:30 AM
    Okay, everyone is well aware of the release of the blackberry 9630 Tour. I've already got mine in transit, should have it this week. I have read that it will be T-Mobile capable here in the US after unlocking the sim. My actual question though is... I have Sprint and T-Mobile. I have 2 numbers I absolutely cannot lose, 1 being personal, the other being business. Now is it possible (praying!!!) that I can unlock the sim card and possibly get both numbers to one phone? Having it activated on sprint, and then having my T-mobile card in the sim slot? I already have the Blackberry 8900 on T-mobile.. which is more less the same phone, but in my area (Kansas City) Sprint seems to be noticeably faster with data and I get better signal strength here in the city (Sprint World Campus is located here). None the less... carrying two phones friggin blows at times. I'm pretty sure the blackberry can handle 2 lines at once.. but not positive. Please help me cure my curiosity, and possible money spent on the unlock code.

yes and no...

if you unlock it and plop the sim in you will have to force it to GSM mode and then that "number" will work..

if you don't force to GSM it will use the cdma band..

so yes you can have both but not at the same time..
    07-19-09 03:53 AM
    yes and no...

if you unlock it and plop the sim in you will have to force it to GSM mode and then that "number" will work..

if you don't force to GSM it will use the cdma band..

so yes you can have both but not at the same time..
    Noaim is right.

I used to have both ATT and Verizon numbers hooked in to my unlocked Storm but I had to switch the network when I wanted to use each respective number. Can't be used simultaneously. Still better than carrying around 2 devices though.
    07-19-09 04:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD