i have a question about the "leaked" release of the software....
    if someone could first off define what a leaked OS is, is it something blackberry made but hasnt been approved by the service provider? if not, where do they come from...
    12-09-09 11:36 PM
    Yup, that's what a leaked OS is. All OSs come from RIM. Some believe that RIM employees leak the OS, others believe the carrier employees do. A few even believe RIM engineers these leaks for reasons unknown, but that is another discussion completely. Sometimes a leaked OS does end up being released by a carrier, other times its so buggy you wonder why someone would risk their job to get it out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 12:10 AM
    ok, so i installed the 5.0 software and i was just wanting to make sure it was safe to keep i guess....so im guessing they will be coming out with an official release of the software sometime soon?

and one more thing....what is a hybrid os?
    12-10-09 02:58 AM
    a hybrid os is the combining of files from other leaks into on tour ok in order to update the files and give more speed and you can also choose which factory apps that you dont want on your phone and take them off. Just do some reading around on them.
    12-10-09 08:07 AM
    ok, so i installed the 5.0 software and i was just wanting to make sure it was safe to keep i guess....so im guessing they will be coming out with an official release of the software sometime soon?

and one more thing....what is a hybrid os?
    Nothing wrong with using a leaked 5.0, but make sure that if you bring your phone in for service or a replacement that you put an official release on. In this case 4.7.1.40 or 4.7.1.63 I think is the most recent for VZW.
    12-10-09 08:14 AM
    Nothing wrong with using a leaked 5.0, but make sure that if you bring your phone in for service or a replacement that you put an official release on. In this case 4.7.1.40 or 4.7.1.63 I think is the most recent for VZW.
    I took my 4th Tour into Sprint to get replaced (trackball issues) running OS 5. The tech questioned me about where I go the leak from and then was all excited because he got to play around with it while handling my phone
    12-10-09 09:52 AM
    ...or 4.7.1.63 I think is the most recent for VZW.
    4.7.1.61 for Verizon.
    12-10-09 01:48 PM
    I have a question about this. I am eligible to upgrade and the tour is what I'm looking to get. I'm running 5.0.0.230 now on my curve and I've become a fan of certain things like vibe and ring, different text alerts for certain people etc. I was wondering does the tour come out of the box with that ability?

I'm asking because I read that when you load an os that's not official from VZ it voids the warranty. I can not justify paying for the phone and risking all costs I could incur if it were to malfunction.

If my info is incorrect hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks

12-10-09 05:05 PM
    Hi aharv612,

IIRC the Tour on 4.7 (which is the stock OS that comes with the device) does not come with an option of vibe and ring on that platform. It is available on 5.0 if you do decide to install the unofficial OS. I know that the 5.0 OS allows for contact alerts but I do not remember if that option was available in the 4.7 update.

Supposedly your warranty can be voided by loading the unofficial OS, but as I've told others many times before as long as you restore to the stock and/or official OS before bringing your Tour in for service at VZW you shouldn't have any problems with the CSRs or tech support there.

Hope this helps!

I have a question about this. I am eligible to upgrade and the tour is what I'm looking to get. I'm running 5.0.0.230 now on my curve and I've become a fan of certain things like vibe and ring, different text alerts for certain people etc. I was wondering does the tour come out of the box with that ability?

I'm asking because I read that when you load an os that's not official from VZ it voids the warranty. I can not justify paying for the phone and risking all costs I could incur if it were to malfunction.

If my info is incorrect hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks

12-10-09 06:13 PM
    Hi aharv612,

IIRC the Tour on 4.7 (which is the stock OS that comes with the device) does not come with an option of vibe and ring on that platform. It is available on 5.0 if you do decide to install the unofficial OS. I know that the 5.0 OS allows for contact alerts but I do not remember if that option was available in the 4.7 update.

Supposedly your warranty can be voided by loading the unofficial OS, but as I've told others many times before as long as you restore to the stock and/or official OS before bringing your Tour in for service at VZW you shouldn't have any problems with the CSRs or tech support there.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks. That did help, you answered all of my questions.

12-11-09 12:33 AM
    Hi aharv612,

IIRC the Tour on 4.7 (which is the stock OS that comes with the device) does not come with an option of vibe and ring on that platform. It is available on 5.0 if you do decide to install the unofficial OS.
    Are you speaking of the phone vibrating and ringing when receiving a call? I am running 4.7 and my phone vibrates twice then rings there are vib ring options in 4.7
    12-11-09 12:37 AM
    Hi Dave,

The 4.7 OS doesn't allow for simultaneous vibe and ring. As you mentioned, the phone vibrates first, then rings. The 5.0 OS allows the phone to vibrate AND ring at the same time.

Hope this clarifies!

Are you speaking of the phone vibrating and ringing when receiving a call? I am running 4.7 and my phone vibrates twice then rings there are vib ring options in 4.7
    12-11-09 01:56 AM
    Thanks for the answers. If I get the tour I'll probably just update to 5.0 os anyways.

12-11-09 02:23 AM
    hey guys i was just wondering where i can download the 5.0 os leak for the bb tour i went to the link on here it sends me to the mega download page but the link in unavailable so does anyone know where i can download it thanks .
    12-11-09 04:14 AM
    hey guys i was just wondering where i can download the 5.0 os leak for the bb tour i went to the link on here it sends me to the mega download page but the link in unavailable so does anyone know where i can download it thanks .
    you might want to post this into the OS Hybrid fourm on here.. some people still have the link to 5.0.230 on there and will send it to you if they have it still
    12-12-09 10:54 AM
    5.0.0.230 can be found in the link in my sig
    12-12-09 11:32 AM
    .230 is the newst OS for 9630 not counting the hybrids, correct?

12-12-09 11:38 AM
    .230 is the newst OS for 9630 not counting the hybrids, correct?

not the newest.. there been .273 which was pretty bad, now today .303 which has a very bad radio .230 just seems to work a lot better then the newer leaks
    12-12-09 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD